Graduate Assistant – Maths Job, Latest Graduate Trainee Jobs In Kenya 2022,
GRADUATE ASSISTANT – MATHS (Job Ref: ZU/10/Adv/66/2022)
The purpose of this position is to carry out research, teaching, student mentoring and other duties in liaison with the university’s overall goal.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of Department- ICT & Engineering, the position holder will be responsible for the following, amongst others:
- To teach at Diploma and Certificate level, in areas allocated by the Head of Department and reviewed from time to time by the Head of Department.
- Carry out research and produce study manuals, or other research outputs, in line with personal objectives agreed in the Staff appraisals
- Supervise or assist with supervision of any research studies, attachments and teaching practice undertaken by the students.
- Participate in the development, administration and marking of exams and other assessments
- To handle students’ grievances that relate to their learning needs.
- To provide mentorship and career guidance to students.
- Bringing in new students by marketing the university programmes both internally and externally
- Retaining current students by ensuring standard customer service is offered always
- Accompanying students on field trips and educational visits and preparing risk assessments
- Any other duty assigned by the Head of Department
- A Bachelor of Science degree in (Mathematics and Computer Science) qualification from a recognized/accredited university or in a related field.
- Enrollment for a Master’s program will be an added advantage.
- At least (2) years’ post qualification teaching experience
- Membership of a relevant professional organization.
Competencies & Skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organization skills
- Commitment to academic research
- Leadership skills to lead classes and foreign language clubs.
- Communication skills.
- Technical skills to use the Internet and other software
- Good customer service skills
- Commitment to high quality teaching and fostering a positive learning environment for students
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their applications to [email protected] quoting the job reference number on the subject line and; indicating their current and expected salary on their application letter, not later than 9th December 2022.
ZETECH UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: The recruitment and shortlisting for this position will be on a rolling basis. We do not ask for money in any step of the hiring process and all meetings including interviews will be held in our Campus in Ruiru: Beware of fraudsters.