You will be required to produce a current (within 3 months) Original Police Clearance Certificate or waiting receipt during interview in case you are shortlisted
Job Title : Supply Chain Coordinator
Reporting to : Finance and Administration Manager
Work Location : Nairobi/Kiambu
Purpose of position
To carry out procurement activities for goods and services for OVC & DREAMS Project as per laid down procurement policies procedures and processes while maintaining high standards of integrity and accountability.
Procurement Execution 20%
- Receive incoming Purchase Requisitions (Pending Buyer Action), verify specifications are clear, conduct sourcing event, update the PR with actual supplier record and release PR for approval.
- Follow WVK and donor Procurement Polices and guidelines in Supplier Award decisions under the applicable threshold.
- Manage PRs and PO Change requests coordinating with Requesters, Budget Owners and Suppliers.
- Advise and seek approval of internal customers of modifications from original requests.
- Ensure safe delivery and receipt of ordered materials
- Monitor and manage contract with the various suppliers as appropriate for the assigned commodities.
- Preparation of Procurement Committee submission documents to ensure their comprehensiveness to allow an informed decision making process.
- Facilitate Procurement and Evaluation Committee meetings and ensure that proper documentation is maintained.
- Facilitates across all parties the timely resolution of issues that could impact meeting the needs of the requestor and communities.
- Identify alternative supply sources for materials / services not under contract
- Assist in the development and tracking of procurement plans for the project to ensure that the set targets are met.
- Provide guidance on user specifications for goods and services
Strategic Sourcing 10%
- Execute the Market Assessment and Supplier Pre-Qualification process as per the set guidelines for the assigned categories.
- Manage the RFQ/RFP Process including baselines & price survey methodologies as per the approved framework for the assigned categories.
- Lead negotiations for the assigned Categories.
- Supervise the Sourcing events and Assistance work relating to sourcing.
Supplier contact relationship and management 10%
- Accurately complete the master data management form (or contract/supplier register)
- Monitor and complete contract close-out, renewal or retender, as appropriate for the assigned commodities.
- Ensure that contractual conditions and performance indicators are understood by the suppliers.
- Consolidates all required documentation for presentation to Finance for timely supplier payment for materials and services delivered.
- Identify & resolve or escalate contract-related issues both internally and externally.
- Analyze supplier performance based on customer feedback information & other sources and coordinate with supplier for improvement.
Data Management and analysis 10%
- Provide support in the design of the business metrics to monitor SCM performance and alerting management when the performance trigger is violated
- Conduct spend analysis to support strategic sourcing activities, and Supplier Relationship Management
- Prepare summary report of supplier bid responses for Procurement Committee award decision meetings
- Track and analyze procurement performance and savings for the project against established target levels
Process, Procedure and Policy 10%
- Conduct all procurement related tasks as per the approved procurement policies, processes and guidelines.
- Advice management regarding any challenge / risks / impractical guidelines.
- Collect internal and external customer feedback relating to the policies, processes and guidelines, and report to NO Management for improvements or change
- Review with Partners / Sub-Grantees, their SCM Policies, procedures and etc. to identify any gaps, document them under assessment reports, and capture under capacity building plans.
Control & Compliance 10%
- Conduct supplier pre-qualification for all new-suppliers and maintain records.
- Participate in development of risk identification & assessment tools, registers and other tools and assessing SCM and contractual risks
- Maintain proper filing and record keeping as per the guidelines set by the management.
- Coordinate with Requesters to close out open POs in a timely manner.
- Implementation of agreed audit recommendations in the procurement process as per the guidance given by the supervisor.
- Periodically monitor the progress on implementation of recommendations to sub grantee and partners and update the management of all parties.
- Tracking of project contracts to ensure that all are current , active or closed out
Training and capacity building 10%
- Coordinate, participate in, and/or train project staff on WVI Procurement Policies, Processes, and Systems
- Conduct Partners’ / Sub-Grantees’ capacity assessment and capacity building plans as per set framework / guidelines.
- Train the Partners / Sub-Grantees based on the approved capacity building plan, coordinate with internal stakeholders to monitor progress and submit progress reports to the management.
- Collect and collate useful data which can be used to improve the general systems established and communicate this information to immediate Supervisor.
- Propose innovative ideas that contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of processes and procedures.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor or designee from time to time
- Attend and lead daily devotions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- University degree in Business Administration, Procurement or an equivalent field
- A registered member of a relevant professional body (Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) or Chartered Institute of Purchasing Supplies).
- Post graduate qualification in Purchasing and Supplies Management CIPS Level 6
- At least 5 years’ experience in Procurement or Supply Chain 4 of which must have been procurement for USG Funded projects.
- Experience working in the INGO is an added advantage
- High professional ethics and integrity
- Good interpersonal and organizing skills
- Strong communication skills.
- Computer literate with excellent working knowledge in MS Office.
- Experience in working with Enterprise Resource Platform (ERP’s)
How To Apply
Click here to Apply