Impact and Communications Officer Job, Current NGO Jobs In Kenya,
Title of Position: Impact and Communications Officer
Location: Nairobi, National Office
Grade Level: 14
Reporting Line: Senior Manager, Kenya Big Dream
Strategic Communications – development and distribution of content that promotes the KBD impact
- Develop and execute an overarching KBD communications strategy that delivers on the program’s priorities in the region, in close coordination with WVUS.
- Produce material (blogs, stories, videos, etc) oriented towards engagement of industry/ sector peers and donors that demonstrates thought leadership and advancing change in child protection.
- Travel to the field to train and coordinate the KBD Field Teams to gather weekly content (from program participants like teachers, students, etc) that elevates the project’s impact, then write and produce stories of change that can be shared via social media and with donors.
- Work with the Support Office to identify material suitable for donor engagement, donor visits, etc.
- Support the Resource Acquisition and Management (RAM) team by producing communication resources for profiling the project.
Learning and Development – communicating impact of the Kenya Big Dream
- Raise the visibility of KBD by capturing and communicating evidence and/or program impact, that speaks to a variety of stakeholders.
- In collaboration with the project team, produce engaging and high-quality learning products from project monitoring data, project evaluations, learnings on Social Behaviour Change, etc.
- Represent KBD and its research findings and learnings to external forums and networks.
- Support the celebration of days and weeks that mark key events or topics (e.g International Day of Zero Tolerance to FGM) in order to promote, through awareness and action, the objectives of KBD and WV.
- Carry out any duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor or designee.
- Attend and participate in daily and weekly chapel and devotional meetings.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required
- Degree in Communications, Public Relations, International relations, international development or related field
- Minimum four (4) year’s professional experience in the international development sector specializing in communications, public relations, or a similar field.
- Demonstrable experience in writing engaging print and digital content for programmatic knowledge, learning or evidence, e.g. blogs, case studies, summary reports, and stories of change, for technical audiences and/or other stakeholders.
- Proven track record of distilling complex information into accessible communication content.
- Competent in digital communications and working with digital platforms and devices; including but not limited to MS Office, Adobe Suit and other knowledge management platforms.
- Competent in basic graphics designs; Adobe Suit is desired and photography skills preferred
- Strong team player with an interest in co-creating engaging content
- Must be a self-starter with proven analytical, problem-solving skills and ability to work with minimum supervision
- Understanding of knowledge exchange and impact approaches such as networking, engagement activities, communication to professionals and the public
- Ability to interpret and identify key results from research evidence and summarize in plain language
How to Apply
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only