You will be required to produce a current (within 3 months) Original Police Clearance Certificate or waiting receipt during interview in case you are shortlisted
Job Title : Grants Finance Officer- Tumikia Mtoto Project
Reporting to : Finance and Administration Manager
Work Location : Nairobi/Kiambu
Purpose of position
To provide financial technical support to the Tumikia Mtoto Project staff and sub grantees/ recipients ensuring financial stewardship, accountability and accuracy of financial reports in line with Donor regulations and WVK Policies.
Financial Management and Reporting 30%
- Support the Finance and Administration Manager in the preparation of donor reports.
- Prepare analysis of the project expenditure for management action to help in monitoring the burn rate for the grant.
- Review and provide appropriate expense codes for items requested by project staff to ensure accurate posting of expenses
- Reconcile LDRs with payroll for the project staff under the grant.
- Support revision of budgets in line with project needs and donor regulations.
- Upload approved budgets in Horizon.
- Review Sub recipient quarterly and or monthly financial reports in a timely manner for consolidation.
- Support the Program staff in linking Grant Budgets to Grant Work-plans, so that the activities to be undertaken in the project matches to the budget
- Work with Finance & Administration Manager in matching Sub recipient’s budgets to the project budget for consistency.
- Monitor and review Sub Recipients activities to ensure that only budgeted costs have been incurred.
Contract/Sub award Procurement and Management 30%
- Provide support in conducting due diligence for new sub-awardees to ascertain strength of partner’s systems.
- Ensuring Sub-recipients have internal control systems in place such that accounting records are complete, accurate and are maintained on a consistent basis within the generally acceptable accounting principles.
- Continuously monitor and identify capacity gaps of sub awardees to inform capacity building initiatives and train them on identified gaps.
- Take lead in sub-granting process, ensuring grant agreement are well executed.
- Ensure timely funding requests from Sub recipients for timely disbursement to implement project activities
- Review and where necessary provide appropriate expense codes to partners for (%) accurate posting of expenses.
- Monitor sub-awardee financial performance and adherence to donor regulations
- Follow up with sub awardees for timely reporting based on the sub award agreements.
- Review of sub-awardee financial reports to ensure accuracy and compliance and ensure proper booking in sun-systems.
- Maintain proper records and files on each sub-awards both electronic and hard copies.
- Reconcile sub awardees receivables accounts on monthly basis
- Undertake field visits as necessary to ensure Financial reports can be linked to the programmatic reports.
Reconciliation of Balance Sheet Accounts 20%
- Undertake reconciliation of receivable and payables accounts for the program:
- Constantly monitor balance sheet account balances
- Follow up for timely accounting and facilitate booking of staff advances.
- Match transaction amounts in the balance sheet accounts
- Prepare monthly reconciliation statements for the balance sheet accounts
Risk Management 20%
- Identify risks associated with the project for inclusion in Riskconnect and advice on mitigation measures.
- Support grant project audits according to the donor requirements.
- Support implementation of findings and recommendations from audits and various accountability mechanisms
- Ensure the sub – awardees operate within the agreed/acceptable internal control measures to mitigate risks and ensure accountability that will result in good audit ratings
- Actively participating in project start up workshops to ensure financial aspect of projects are fully understood.
- Follow up with the sub grantees to analyse and submit the exempted taxes(VAT) for refund based on USAID guidelines.
Asset Management 10 %
- Maintain an updated inventory schedule for all assets purchased under the grant
- Ensure all assets and inventory are properly tagged and branded as per the donor guidelines
- Perform inventory counts quarterly in line with USAID and World Vision guidelines
- Ensure asset disposal is as per the laid down policies and donor guidelines.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor or designee from time to time
- Attend and lead daily devotions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in financial management dealing with grants management and sub-grantee management
- Knowledgeable on USAID grant financial management
- Advanced excel and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
- Minimum of Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting/ Finance, Economics or Business related field from a recognized university.
- Professional qualifications in CPA (K) or ACCA finalist
- Practical experience of using SUN system accounting Software is preferred
How To Apply
Click here to Apply