Assistant Conservation Education Officer (3 Posts) Job, Current Teaching Jobs In Kenya,
Purpose of the position:
The Assistant Conservation Education and Awareness Officer in consultation with the Region Head will be responsible for the organization’s conservation education and awareness outreach programmes within the region He/she shall travel to schools and communities within the regions and ensure that WCK’s conservation education and awareness activities, initiatives and information is shared. He/she shall ensure that the youth and communities have hands–on conservation knowledge and opportunities.
Essential qualifications and experience
- At least four (4) years of proven working experience in the Wildlife and Environmental Conservation and Tourism related field.
- At least a Higher Diploma in any of the following disciplines: Tourism and Wildlife management, Natural Resources Management, Ecology and Conservation, Environmental Sciences or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Certificate in any of the following; Community Development. Project Management, Proposal Writing course from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- Experience in stakeholder and community engagements is an added advantage.
- Must have a proven experience as a self–driver with a current –valid driver’s license.
- Must have significant knowledge of Wildlife and Environmental conservation issues and initiatives.
- Must be proficient in computer applications, digital marketing and social media tools.
- Must have proven track record and show merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Should be familiar with dynamic key issues relating to conservation of Wildlife and the Environmental and Natural Resources.
- Must be passionate about conservation education and awareness and working with children, the youth and communities.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt and manage new changes/emerging trends into the programmes.
- Must have skills in taking initiative, thinking creatively and working collaboratively.
- Must be committed and enthusiastic to conservation issues and initiatives.
- Must be of high integrity, honest with high ethical standards
How to apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application letters and CV Only via email to [email protected] indicating the Job position and preferred location of work as the email subject i.e
Reference: Asst. Education Officer (location ). Deadline for the application is Friday 16th January 2023, 5:00pm.
Only short–listed candidates will be contacted.