Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
1. Contribute towards the development of procurement plans and processes ensuring compliance with wider procurement policies and WFP standards.
2. Support or manage procurement programs and operational activities, (e.g. issue tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts), following standard processes to contributing to successful procurement of food and non-food commodities or services.
3. Track and analyse data to provide recommendations for process improvement.
4. Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reports of procurement activities, to contribute to a WFP wide view that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders, leading to performance optimization.
5. Collate information and draft appropriate responses to recommendations to support auditing of procurement activities and ensure conformity with compliance rules.
6. Work in close collaboration with internal counterparts and external partners including suppliers, superintendents, companies, etc to align procurement activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs.
7. Support training of WFP staff to take a strategic and proactive approach to the procurement of food and non-food commodities and services, for example designing and reviewing training materials.
8. Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
9. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed goods and services to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
10. Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
11. Other responsibilities as required.