County Attorney Job, Legal Jobs Kenya 2021,
Pursuant to the provision of County Government Act , No. 17 of 2012 section 45, 59 (1) (b) the West Pokot County Public Service Board wishes to consider applications from highly qualified results-oriented and self-motivated Kenyan citizens for appointments to the following positions:-
COUNTY ATTORNEY JG “T” (1 POST)
- Be a Kenyan Citizen;
- Be a holder of LLB degree from a reputable and recognized university;
- Have a postgraduate Diploma in Legal Studies from the Council of Legal Education and be admitted as an advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a current Practicing Certificate;
- Master’s degree from a reputable University will be an added advantage;
- Be a member of Law Society of Kenya in good standing;
- Have relevant knowledge and experience of not less than Five (5) years professional experience with at least 3 years in public Sector in Kenya;
- Meet requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Highly developed negotiation and inter-personal skills.
- Effective legal research and report writing
- High level of integrity and
- ICT proficient
The County Attorney shall:
- Be the principal legal adviser to the County Executive Committee and as such shall attend the meetings of the County Executive Committee as an ex officio member of the Executive Committee;
- Represent the County Executive in court or in any other legal proceedings to which the County Executive is a party, other than criminal proceedings and manage the litigation and dispute resolution function of the County;
- Advise E the Governor, County Executive Committee Members and all departments in the county executive and agencies on legislative and other legal matters;
- Undertake legal research on matters that affect the County Government and promote the compliance with the law by the County Executive;
- Be the depository of all County laws and legal documents, agreements, MoUs, and other title documents of the County including title deeds and Logbooks;
- Have custody of the County Seal and keep record of all instruments executed by
- Prosecute offences resulting from the County legislations in County Courts;
- Negotiate, draft, vet and interpret documents and agreements, MoUs, treaties and other legal instruments for and on behalf of the County Executive and its agencies;
- Be responsible for the revision of county laws, policies and coordinate the publication in the relevant Gazette of all Policies, Regulations and Acts of the County Assembly;
- Liaise with the Office of the Attorney-General when need arises;
- Liaise with the Office of the County Attorney in any other County when need arises and on matters of mutual interest; and
- Perform any other function as may be necessary for the effective discharge of the duties and the exercise of the powers of the County
Terms of Service
- 6 years Contract non-renewable.
- Salary as prescribed by SRC.
How to Apply
You can access the advertisement details on our website www.westpokot.go.ke and submit online applications through our email [email protected]
All application should be submitted on or before Thursday 27thMay, 2021 to
West Pokot County Public Service Board P.O Box 577 – 30600
- The County Government of West Pokot is an equal opportunity employer. Youth, Women, person living with Disabilities, Marginalized and Minority Communities are encouraged to apply.
- Canvasing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.