Accounts Clerk (FMCG) Job, Latest Accounting Jobs In Kenya,
A Major Distributor of beverages in Nairobi, Kenya urgently seeking to fill the following position outlined.
Position : Accounts Clerk (FMCG)
Reporting to: Accountant
Other Relationships: HR, Warehouse, Sales & Marketing
The role holder supports the Accountant in the management of the company’s cash flow, having controls in place and its embrace by all and supports the company’s decision making via preparation of necessary books of account.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Keeping financial records of incoming and outgoing payments, producing and analyzing figures for professional accountants or departmental managers, such as cash flow statements.
- Raising purchase orders and processing payments
- Issuing and checking invoices, receipts and debit/credit notes
- Calculating wages and making up wage packets, also completing VAT returns
- Responsible for Data entry into the financial software
- Bank reconciliations and accounts reconciliations e.g. Debtors and creditors;
- Review of monthly VAT calculations and statutory deductions;
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing accounts information;
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential;
- Periodic stock taking
Minimum qualifications, experience and competencies
- Diploma certificate with 1-2 years’ experience in accounting.
- Computer literate
- Professional Accounting certification
- CPA section 3
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, tact and discretion when dealing with people and records.
- Demonstrable People Management experience in a lending environment. High integrity and dependability.
- Ability to build and maintain productive working relationships in a multi-functional environment.
- Minimum 1 year experience in Accounting.
- Strong presentation skills including excellent oral communication skills, passion to make yourself understood and engaging in a pleasant way.
- People Management skills must.
How to Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current and expected remuneration, quoting the job tittle in the subject field to [email protected] . Deadline for application is 4th July, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.