Communication Officer Job at Welthungerhilfe
Welthungerhilfe is one of the largest private aid organizations in Germany, with no political or religious affiliation. It was founded in 1962 under the umbrella of the UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO). At that time, it was the German section of the ‘Freedom from Hunger Campaign’, one of the first global initiatives for the fight against hunger.
Welthungerhilfe works under the leadership of an honorary board and the patronage of the German Federal President. We provide integrated aid: from rapid disaster relief to long-term development cooperation projects. Welthungerhilfe in Kenya implements a range of activities including: (i) Water Sanitation and Hygiene, (ii) Agriculture and Natural Resource Management, (iii) Disaster Risk Management and Climate Change Adaptation, and (iv) Social Development and Education, Emergency Relief etc.
We are currently looking for qualified personnel to fill the positions of Communication Officer for a fixed term period of 12 months to be based at our country office in Nairobi.
Roles for the Communication Officer Job
- Design, develop, and manage communications
- Compile and edit bi-weekly, quarterly and annual reports on the activity’s progress and impact
- Oversee collection of anecdotal information and other evidence of progress and achievement.
- Develop content for public information products including fact sheet, press releases, media advisories,
- PowerPoint presentations and success stories
- Review public-facing communication documents/publications to ensure quality control and consistent messaging
- Report program status and impact to various audiences and through a variety of formats
- Provide timely reports and feedback on deliverables as required
- Train staff and partners on branding and marking plan, and photography requirements
- Supports partners’ communication needs and events coverage
- Draft and edit content for Facebook and Twitter
- Support the overall development of the quarterly and annual work-plan and compile all collateral materials to support the work-plan
Communication Officer Job Qualifications
- Demonstrated outstanding work experience with Kenyan media and positive public recognition
- Ability to produce short videos and audios for internet publishing
- Ability to produce good quality pictures for publishing purposes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (English)
- Working knowledge of visual aids and its computer programs (publication software including web design)
- Knowledge of working with newsletters, blogs and IT design programs as well as e-Communication.
- Flexible and ready to travel
- Ability to work under pressure and keep deadlines
- B.A Degree preferably in Applied Communication (Corporate Communication), Journalism and Mass communication or any other related field.
- A minimum work experience of three (3) years in a similar position preferably in an INGO
- Knowledge of German language is a plus
How to Apply
Those qualified and readily available are encouraged to apply. Application closing date is 25th September 2017
Positions to be filled latest 15th October 2017. Please email your resume to: [email protected] Addressed to:
Human Resource Manager
Welthungerhilfe/German Agro Action
P.O Box 38829-00623
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.