Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
Wavumbuzi Ambassador Job, Latest Job Vacancies Kenya
Duration: 4 months (Short-term Contract)
Allan & Gill Gray Philanthropies (AGGP) have embarked on a journey to develop responsible
entrepreneurs across the African continent in service of the common good. Our long-term strategy
will ultimately contribute to job creation and poverty alleviation, hence leading to social change.
Our vision is an empowered, prosperous, productively engaged African citizenry thriving in ethical societies with dignity and hope.
Our Mission is to attack poverty by investing in, nurturing and empowering responsible entrepreneurs and leaders who benefit society by helping to accelerate meaningful employment creation while embodying the values and behaviours of ethical leadership.
Our values are long-term commitment, spirit of humility and significance, excellence, responsible stewards, and diversity and inclusion.
One of AGGP’s projects in Kenya is the Wavumbuzi Entrepreneurship Challenge – a free six-week
online Entrepreneurship Challenge designed to stimulate an entrepreneurial mindset. The
Challenge is offered to learners in secondary/ high school throughout the country.
You can read more about Wavumbuzi, here: https://wavumbuzi.africa/kenya/.
SCOPE OF WORK
We seek the services of individuals – known as Wavumbuzi Ambassadors – who are passionate about
entrepreneurship, young people, relationship building, training, capacity enhancement, and
providing support for the Wavumbuzi project in designated regions of the country.
Each of the selected individuals MUST be currently residing in one of the following regions – Central,
Coastal, Eastern, Nairobi, North-Eastern, Nyanza, Rift Valley and Western Regions of Kenya.
The Key Tasks:
● Mobilize and encourage the teachers in the respective regions to attend teacher training and
teacher onboarding sessions to understand the process of registration and onboarding of
both schools and the learners.
● Facilitate group and one-on-one training sessions with teachers particularly with onboarding
onto the challenge platform
● Ensure that all the teachers in one’s region are fully onboarded, registered, and added onto
the respective WhatsApp groups.
● Motivate, inspire and onboard at least 2,500 learners from the assigned region to participate
in the challenge.
● Motivate all registered learners to complete the pre- and post- surveys and any other surveys
in the Entrepreneurship Challenge.
● Ensure all registered learners complete at least one Quest and all its designated Challenges.
● Maintaining excellent communication with all participants of the Entrepreneurship
● Provide support to the teachers and communicate effectively while solving any challenges
faced by the teachers and learners within the platform.
● Effectively solve, communicate or follow-up on any issues raised in one’s region and ensure
all issues are speedily resolved.
● Visit schools in one’s assigned region to complete school onboarding; to address any
questions principals and teachers have; to motivate learners to actively engage (i.e., complete
all the micro challenges in each Quest); and to congratulate active principals, teachers, and
learners as where applicable distribute any merchandise and awards to the winning schools
● Moderate learner submissions and ensure that all weekly moderations assigned by the
Wavumbuzi School Liaison are timely completed.
● Track and accurately capture all key outcomes onto the reporting platform i.e., HubSpot, the
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
● Provide daily updates and weekly work plans with reports to the Wavumbuzi School Liaison
● Provide feedback during and post-challenge to help improve implementation and future
● Any other tasks or responsibilities that may be reasonably expected.
Does this sound like you?
● You are a confident public speaker
● You are in the university or college or just graduated and looking for working experience
in the above-mentioned regions
● You are a multi-lingual [English and Swahili]
● You have excellent communication skills
● You value relationship and are people-oriented
● You are passionate about the youth, entrepreneurship, education, and social change
● You are disciplined, timeous and always take initiative to solve a problem
● You are highly organized, analytical, with an eye for detail
● You are proactive, curious, innovative, and self-motivated
● You have a laptop and internet access and confident with technology
● Experience in the Secondary/ High School Education sector will be an added advantage
This is an assignment-based contract to be paid monthly at a rate of KES15,000 per month. The scope
of work will vary depending on the Wavumbuzi Entrepreneurship Challenge implementation status
and will be communicated weekly by the Wavumbuzi School Liaison.
Applicants must be available to work a minimum of 6 hours per day for the duration of the project.
The successful candidates must be based in one of the above-mentioned regions and must be
willing to operate from various locations, travel regionally, and work irregular hours from time to
time, including weekends. Reasonable expenses, which must be reviewed by the Project Manager
and pre-approved by the Country Lead, will be covered.
● Ambassadors will be responsible for logging in their activities and maintaining the required
● The payment will be pegged on the performance of the respective ambassador based on the
● Payments will be made at the end of every month for the complete month’s work verified by
the Wavumbuzi School Liaison against the reported activities.
● All reimbursements are subject to prior verification by the Project Manager and further
approval by the Country Lead.
Successful applicants will undergo both virtual and in-person training before work commences.
Travel and accommodation costs to attend the training will be covered (where applicable|).
How to Apply
Kindly apply by emailing your 1) motivation letter (1-page max of no more than 300 words) telling
us why you are interested in Wavumbuzi and providing an example of an activity that you have done
in your community and
2) CV (2-page max) detailing your experience to [email protected], with an email subject line “Wavumbuzi Ambassador Application – Region of Residence” e.g.,Wavumbuzi Ambassador – North-Eastern Region.
The applications deadline is COB Monday 31st April 2022.
Shortly thereafter, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview and
undertake other selection processes.