About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 7,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Warehouse Supervisor manages the operations of their warehouse. They oversee the efficient and safe receipt, storage, retrieval and timely dispatch of a wide variety of products and ensure will ensure warehouse operation targets are achieved and that all warehouse processes are running smoothly and promptly. You will be reporting to regional Warehouse supervisor
- Manage warehouse in compliance with company’s policies and vision.
- Oversee receiving, warehousing, distribution and maintenance operations.
- Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilization in warehouse.
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in warehouse.
- Manage stock and reconcile live stock with data storage system (SAP).
- Recruit, select, orient, coach and motivate casual work force for warehouse.
- Guide communication between OAF and NCPB.
- Plan for, develop and document new policies/processes in support of scalability.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain management or Business Administration or Certificate / Diploma in the same field, with at least 1 year of experience in warehousing.
- Specialized training in Procurement and supplies, store keeping or logistics
- Broad knowledge and experience in supply chain and warehousing.
- Experience implementing process improvement projects.
- Hands on experience with warehouse management software and database.
- Ability to manage staff
- Excellent communication skills, including e-mail and in person – English is necessary
- Ability to withstand pressure, work for longer hours and be receptive to feedback
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance, paid time off
- Connect and work with engaging colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- Professional development opportunities including x and y trainings/programs
Sponsor International Candidates
No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya.
HOW TO APPLY
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.