Business Development Leader Job, Current Kenya Business Job,
Visa’s Merchant Sales and Solution Team is seeking a Merchant Sales and Solutions Business Development Leader who will have responsibility of leading the in-market acceptance efforts of a new mobile payment solution.
The Merchant Sales and Solutions Business Development Leader has the responsibility of driving growth and development of meaningful and profitable merchant relations in East African markets. In addition, this role is responsible for working with the Senior Business Development leader and the Group Country Manager/Country Managers on industry & regulatory initiatives and interchange management for the region.
The Merchant Sales and Solutions Business Development Leader executes on the implementation of agreed merchant acceptance strategies that grow the penetration of electronic payments in this geography to drive the increase of Merchant Sales Volume (MSV) via implementing the new payment solution and building strong working relationships with client banks, key merchants and third party partners. The role is also responsible for understanding and communicating local market needs in order that the CEMEA Hub, Digital Team and Global Merchant Sales and Solutions organizations are able to effectively and efficiently define market specific strategies required to manage strategic and complex Acceptance issues.
Key Results Areas
- Drive acceptance of Visa payment solutions in the East African market, with a focus across various business segments, key among them top tier and marquee merchants
- Develop strong market relationships with key merchants meant to protect and grow Visa business and brand standing with these merchants
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with key merchants with the aim of ensuring Visa relationship adds value to clients
- Develop and execute the merchant acceptance, merchant relations and partner strategy for East Africa, increase Visa MSV, market share, data processing revenues and create acquirer, merchant and consumer preference for Visa.
- Play a hands on role in the deployment and go to market of a new mobile based technology solution.
- Development of new initiatives/solutions, implement marketing/usage initiatives targeting traditional and new merchant segments, both in physical world and virtual world, with a focus on mobile based acceptance solutions.
- Successfully translate broad strategies into specific objectives and action plans, aligning efforts of the Acceptance and Interchange organizations with other key Visa stakeholders in particular the Country and Digital Teams.
- Establish and foster relationships with Clients and internal stakeholders at all levels of staff and senior management.
- Understand client needs, solution deployment requirements in different environments and develop models of engagement that are easily replicable across organizations with similar characteristics for faster onboarding.
- Support local Client Sales and Digital Teams with their sales and enablement efforts. Maintain current knowledge of technologies, products, services, methods and applications and implement new approaches and practices as required.
- Maintain and build rapport with Digital and functional teams across Visa Inc. to exchange, learn and leverage best practices
- Local market and regulatory knowledge and functional experience in acceptance, merchant acquiring, interchange management, consulting, financial transaction processing knowledge and client sales, preferably Visa, supporting highly complex clients and/or services within a highly matrixed environment
- Established networks at decision making levels with a strong business-to-business sales track record.
- Years of Experience: A minimum of 10 years of success in progressive leadership positions in the Payments industry
- Education (required): Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Masters degree in a business field is an added advantage