Director of Administration Job, County Government Kenyan Jobs,
Vihiga County Public Service Board is a Body corporate established under section 57 of the County Government Act 2012 pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010. Section 59 of the County Government Act 2012 outlines the functions of the Board. Pursuant to Constitutional and Legal provisions, Vihiga County Public Service Board invites applications from qualified persons for the following positions.
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SERVICE AND COORDINATION OF COUNTY AFFAIRS
Director of Administration Job Group R – 1 Post
Roles and Responsibilities
- Organization, direction, control and coordination of the functions of administration and public service in the county;
- Initiating development of the appropriate County Departmental policies, legal and institutional frameworks for the implementation of the mandate of administration and public service;
- Ensuring operationalization of service delivery in all the devolved units in the County, Sub-Counties and Wards;
- Handling administrative matters, human resource issues and manages inventories of the administrative tools, equipment and other required assets related to the department;
- Preparation of departmental plans and budgets;
- Ensuring strict compliance with all financial,budgetary and
- procurement procedures;
- Ensuring timely, efficient communication and coordination of administration and public service departmental affairs;
- Interpreting and applying National and County laws and other related statutes in line with the County goals and Objectives;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration or Business Administration or Social Sciences from a University recognized in Kenya;
- Must have a Master’s degree in Public Administration, Public Policy, Business Administration or Development Management from a recognized Institution;
- Have at least ten (10) years working experience, five (5 of which must have been in a Senior Managerial position in the Public Sector;
- Must have done a Senior Management Course lasting not less than one (1) month from a recognized institution in Kenya;
- Demonstrate a high degree of professional and technical competence in work performance and results;
- Must be computer literate
Salary Scale: The salary, allowances and other benefits attached to these positions will be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission and other recognized CBAs as applicable.
Terms of Service: All the above posts shall be on a three (3) year contract term renewable based on satisfactory performance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application with copies of their National Identity/passport, Academic & Professional certificates and current Chapter Six compliance certificates to the undersigned on or before 30th day of November, 2022.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
SECRETARY/CEO VIHIGA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD P.O BOX 880-50300