Attorney Job, Legal Jobs March,
The County Government of Vihiga is seeking to recruit highly transformative and dynamic self-driven individual with a high degree of integrity, result oriented, demonstrable professionalism, competence and impeccable capability to fill the position of COUNTY ATTORNEY within its staff establishment.
COUNTY ATTORNEY, JOB GROUP “T” –(1 Post)
- Be a Kenyan Citizen;
- Be a holder of LLB degree from a reputable and recognised university;
- Have a postgraduate Diploma in Legal Studies from the Kenya School of Law and be admitted as an advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a current Practicing Certificate;
- Masters degree from a reputable University will be an added advantage;
- Be a member of Law Society of Kenya in good standing;
- Must be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya of atleast five (5) years standing;
- Have relevant knowledge and experience of not less than Five (5) years professional experience with at least 3 years in public Sector in Kenya;
- Meet requirements of Chapter Six of the constitution
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent communication and leadership
- Highly developed negotiation and inter-personal
- Effective legal research and report
- High level of integrity and
The County Attorney shall:
- Be the principal legal adviser to the County Executive Committee and as such shall attend the meetings of the County Executive Committee as an ex officio member of the Executive Committee;
- Represent the County Executive in court or in any other legal proceedings to which the County Executive is a party, other than criminal proceedings and manage the litigation and dispute resolution function of the County;
- Advise H.E the Governor, County Executive Committee Members and all departments in the county executive and agencies on legislative and other legal matters;
- Undertake legal research on matters that affect the County Government and promote the compliance with the law by the County Executive;
- Be the depository of all County laws and legal documents, agreements, MoUs, and other title documents of the County including title deeds and Logbooks;
- Have custody of the County Seal and keep record of all instruments executed by
- Prosecute offences resulting from the County legislations in County Courts;
- Negotiate, draft, vet and interpret documents and agreements, MoUs, treaties and other legal instruments for and on behalf of the County Executive and its agencies;
- Be responsible for the revision of county laws, policies and coordinate the publication in the relevant Gazette of all Policies, Regulations and Acts of the County Assembly;
- Liaise with the Office of the Attorney-General when need arises;
- Liaise with the Office of the County Attorney in any other County when need arises and on matters of mutual interest; and
- Perform any other function as may be necessary for the effective discharge of the duties and the exercise of the powers of the County
How to apply
All applicants Must fulfill Chapter six of the constitution requirement
Salary Scale: The salary, allowances and other benefits attached to these position will be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission and other recognized CBAs as applicable.
Terms of Service: Six (6) year contract.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application with copies of Detailed Curriculum Vitae (C.V), National Identity/passport, Academic & Professional certificates, Testimonials, Current Chapter Six Compliance Certificates and any other Supporting Documents should be submitted in sealed envelope, to reach the undersigned by Monday 15th March, 2021 at 5 p.m.
OFFICE OF THE SECRETARY/CEO VIHIGA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O BOX 880-50300 MARAGOLI.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.