Video Editor Job at Web Platform
We are a fast growing mid-sized I.T company in Kenya, looking for a young passionate and skilled video editor looking for an opportunity to grow and build a thriving web platform.
Kindly note: This job needs someone who is a self-learner, capable of teaching yourself new skills and methods using the internet which you then apply to the work assigned to you.
You should also be a person who can self-manage themselves and require little or no supervision. We shall only guide you in the right direction
Qualified Candidate will be expected to immediately join a selected team to work on an exciting 1 year web project.
Roles for the Video Editor Job
- Manipulate and edit film pieces in way that is invisible to the audience.
- Take a brief to grasp production team’s needs and specifications.
- Review shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scene’s value and contribution to continuity.
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film.
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects.
- Create rough and final cuts.
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running.
- Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process.
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
Video Editor Job Qualifications
- Proven work experience as a video editor wether employed or freelance.
- Solid experience with digital technology and video editing software packages(Avid media composer, lightworks, premiere, After effects and Final cut)
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio.
- Through Knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity.
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and composting.
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
How to Apply
Write us an original letter of less than two pages. Title of the letter and email should be:
VD/504/2018: APPLICATION FOR VIDEO EDITOR
In the letter kindly provide us with the following details:
- Full names, age, contacts
- Your current/last salary and expected salary
- A brief self-description about your personality and character
- Your weaknesses as a person and how you address them
- Passions, talents and more importantly the technological skills you are an expert in
- Your career goals and where you see yourself in the next 2 years
- Your educational background and what new skills you would wish to develop in the next 2 years
- Tell us about your previous work experiences, if any
- Tell us why you think you are the right fit for this role
Also attach a portfolio of your works. Send letter to: [email protected]
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.