The Standard Group comprises The Standard Newspaper, The Nairobian, KTN, KTN News, Radio Maisha, Standard Digital and Think Outdoor Services. The Group is looking for highly motivated, qualified, experienced and reputable individuals, to fill the following positions:
Reporting to Chief Video Editor
The incumbent will be responsible for creatively assembling/editing raw footage into logical sequences/productions suitable for broadcasting.
Video Editor Job Responsibilities
- Editing of raw video material ensuring logical audiovisual sequencing to tell a story.
- Converting footage from tapes, digital cards, storage servers, Internet sites etc. Into formats readable by editing software and broadcast systems.
- Plan and prioritize editing process in a disciplined manner to ensure proper utilization of scheduled time for particular projects in editing suites and completion of tasks.
- Check color temperatures, exposure and luminance in order to maintain broadcast quality standards.
- Check peak levels to ensure clarity of audio as per laid down procedures.
- Archiving of News stories and raw footage for future reference and use.
- Advising reporters and producers on how to approach their edits and storyline for impact.
- Training new staff and interns on editing principles.
Qualifications for the Video Editor Job
- Diploma in Video editing, Mass communication, Media Studies or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- 2 years relevant experience
Skills and Attributes
- Judgement or discretion required.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Knowledge of routine(s).
- Strong people skills and the ability to work in a team.
- Proficiency in FCP, related plugins and editing equipment like VCRs, Audio mixers, Mics
- Apt thinker
How to Apply
If you possess the above qualifications and the drive to meet the challenge, visit our website www.standardmedia.co.ke/recruitment to browse through the current openings/vacancies and apply not later than Friday 12th January, 2018.
The Standard Group is an equal opportunity employer and as such, canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification. Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.