Commercial Manager Job, Other Professions,
We are a leading Kenyan grower and supplier of Fresh & Frozen Produce supplying retailers across the UK, Europe, the Middle, Far East & China. We are currently looking to recruit a Commercial Manager to head up our Fresh & Frozen Veg sales. The ideal candidate, will be someone who has a good knowledge of dealing with importers and retailers in these key
Commercial managers coordinate sales teams and work with production & logistics teams to ensure delivery. They need to be great communicators and strategic thinkers who develop plans that coincide with business targets to create financial returns and business growth. This role is very fast-paced and requires candidates who are self-motivated.
Develop Relationships with Clients
- Commercial managers build relationships with clients to establish new contracts. The CM will manage the Company’s commercial interests, and liaise with a range of customers and retailers in the UK, EU, Middle & Far East and China.
Develop and be part of the NPD team
- Business development will be a key part of the role and you will ensure that business keeps moving forward.
Develop and sustain relationships with the Teams
- The CM will also develop strong relationships with different departments within the company to ensure everyone is working toward the same targets and goals.
- You will visit the company’s packhouses, and supplier farms to ensure you are close to the product and aware of any and all upcoming challenges.
- You will also manage a sales & logistics team, ensuring their day to day objectives are communicated clearly, product is packed & shipped to orders & within schedules. Liaison with airlines & shipping lines will be key to negotiate rates, capacity and space.
Create Plans for Business Growth
- Developing strategic plans to encourage business growth. Use analytics to create action plans that are based off data and statistics, and interpret results against targets.
Develop Pricing Structures
- Pricing is key. Financial planning and budgeting is an important aspect of this job.
Oversee and Direct the Supply Chain
- Commercial managers are responsible for overseeing staff, suppliers, logistics providers and packhouses to ensure that deadlines are met. Planning is key and the
- Commercial Manager will oversee the Supply chain and prepare budgets and forecasts with 6 month production planning that is updated each month or as required
- Commercial managers make sure all sections of the supply chain are compliant and adhere to set laws, rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Experience within the horticulture / export industry and in a Commercial role is a plus.
- Strong Commercial awareness is clearly key to the success of this position. Strong Communications and the ability to work closely with Clients, understand their requirements, to work with the Production / Packhouse / Packaging & Technical teams to develop new lines & consistently deliver on the lines we develop.
- Good team management experience will be a big benefit.
How To Apply
Interested candidates to send their updated CVs to [email protected]
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.