Utilities Technician Jobs, Engineering Jobs, Unilever Jobs
Preventive maintenance and focused improvement specialist engaged to optimize the running and maintenance of equipment within the factory, on occurrence of a breakdown, the technician will act to diagnose and troubleshoot faults and where necessary will recommend design improvements as well as be intimately involved with setting the maintenance strategy for the respective production area.
- Knowledge and application of technical skills and expertise to ensure the provision of effective engineering support within team focused on delivering performance targets. Directly contributes to improved safety, quality, sustainability and cost.
- Preventive maintenance specialist and user of condition-based monitoring.
- Fully operational knowledge and experience of refrigeration and air conditioning, fuel boilers, steam and compressed air systems.
- Basic skills in troubleshooting electrical circuits safely.
- Basic instrumentation and control skills in compressed air, steam and refrigeration.
- Demonstrate an understanding of internal and external architecture of HFO boilers and Air compressors.
- Knowledge of SHE environment and safety regulatory compliance requirements.
- Utilize all appropriate safety and environmental procedures for people, processes, materials, products and equipment to ensure a safe working environment for the whole team.
- Reduce costs due to waste and minimize impact to health, safety and the environment through working to eliminate waste and through the correct management of waste and hazardous materials.
- Ensure that all aspects of quality within the area of responsibility are in accordance to with local quality procedures a to protect and promote brand and product.
- Makes and implements technical decisions which can impact the plan for the week.
- Has the ability to prioritize and address problems using appropriate tools and techniques that eliminate recurrence.
- Knowledge and understanding of the key principles of WCM and the impact this has on the key performance indicators in the production area and must understand the relation between WCM and TPM.
- Use performance measures to identify and prioritize losses in production area as well as apply rigorous cost deployment and the zero-loss concept to eliminate losses.
- Promote the development of a highly effective team through strong communication, leading by example whilst keeping focused on goals and targets.
- Diploma in engineering with disciplines in either: mechanical, electrical or instrumentation and controls.
- Working knowledge of operation and maintenance of refrigeration systems (Atlas Copco GA Compressors, Fuel Boilers and Chiller units)
- Knowledge of environment regulations and OHS
- Able to carry out RCAs
- Strong coaching and communication skills
- Experience of working as part of an extended team in a manufacturing sector.
- Proven analytical skills
- Programme logic control qualification
- Experience in manufacturing in a FMCG company.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Unilever career website on unilever.taleo.net to apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.