Quality Assurance Director Job, Current Quality Assurance Kenyan Jobs,
Reporting to the Deputy Vice Chancellor – Academic and Student Affairs the successful candidate will be responsible for directing the activities of Quality Assurance (QA) operations at USIU-Africa. S/he will direct the activities of the training and compliance units within QA. This includes the supervision and mentoring of faculty and staff, capital budgeting and resource analysis.
- Plan for and coordinate new degree program development across the schools following the university strategic plan.
- Develop/adapt support materials for faculty working on new degree proposal.
- Access, interpret and, disseminate the requirements of the accrediting commissions on new degree proposals.
- Provide oversight during the uploading of new degree proposal onto Livetext for WASC review.
- Plan, support and follow up the effecting of corrections suggested by accrediting commissions after review of new degree proposal.
- Support teams reviewing existing curricular (assessment of PLOs and program review).
- Review curriculum change proposals for internal approvals.
- Support faculty and staff development/training in curriculum related issues.
- Liaise with institutional Research office to ensure relevant data for need assessment in the development of new degrees is gathered.
- Support the other engagements in the QA office.
- Engage with curriculum implementation through the teaching of one or two courses per academic year (depending on the workload in the development of new degree proposal).
- Leads USIU-Africa’s efforts to remain “inspection ready” and represents QA during regulatory inspections and client audits.
- Develops budgets and manages resources to meet departmental and organizational objectives
- Provides Quality System based leadership to ensure that USIU-Africa’s systems support the quality mission.
- Leads the QA function and evaluates opportunities for systems-based improvements, e.g. improvements to the deviation system and change control systems.
- Leads the effort to tracking and communicating quality improvement initiatives throughout the university and promoting a working culture in the organization that is quality based. Communicates Quality System performance to Senior Management on a regular basis and leads efforts to remediate compliance performance as required.
- Manages product complaints, adverse events and any market action requirements from a quality assurance point of view.
- A PhD from a recognized university;
- Served as Principal Quality Assurance Officer for a minimum of 3 years;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Familiarity with budget processes and policies in the University system.
- Familiarity with policies implementation in the University systems.
- Proven ability to bring together faculty, staff, students and academic administration as well as campus administrators outside of Student Affairs to address complex issues.
- Excellent in generating consensus on solutions.
- Academic and/ or professional training in education and quality assurance in higher education will be an added advantage.
Personal Attributes & Competencies:
- Leadership skills
- Problem-solver with a collaborative work style.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage confidential information and to engender an atmosphere of trust among students and colleagues.
- Ability to analyze complex situations and exercise prudent judgment.
- Experience with financial and data management software and the ability to learn new systems.
- Experience with student matters both from a classroom and outside classroom perspectives.
- A strong understanding of higher education institution policies.
- Ability to build positive relationships with students, parents and employees
- Computer literacy.
How To Apply
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and desire to work as a team member in a modern, progressive, international and multicultural institution where you can make a difference, please apply.
Interested applicants must indicate on the subject line of their email address the specific position they are applying for, provide current CVs,copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the address below.
Director of Administration,
United States International University – Africa,
P. O. Box 14634 – 00800, Nairobi, Kenya
Email: j[email protected]
Please note, interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.