The objective of the e-Learning Initiative is to support institutions in the Scholars Program network, which includes 11 universities across Africa and Beirut. This initiative will also develop capabilities and resilience in these institutions to deliver high-quality and inclusive e-learning and related supports so as to enable all students, including those who face additional barriers, to successfully pursue their studies from anywhere. Activities will strengthen participating institutions’ e-learning resource Centers so that they deliver high quality and inclusive e-learning to all their students through two focus areas, namely; Instructional Design and Pedagogy.
In line with our commitment to providing quality, affordable education through world-class service delivery platforms, USIU-Africa is seeking to recruit suitable and qualified candidates to fill in the below re-advertised position:
Faculty Advisor, Online Pedagogy
Reporting to the Lead, Online Pedagogy, Director-USIU Online. The holder of this position will be responsible for planning, execution, testing, and assessing instructional design projects and champion the methodical design and development of online course curriculum while providing clear direction to the faculty.
- Work closely with UI/UX, media developers, and other team members to design and develop premium online course content.
- Provide strong faculty support at all stages of the instructional design process.
- Coordinate Monitoring and Evaluation activities.
- Mentor program scholars on a one-on-one basis to support Online Pedagogy staff.
- Help program scholars apply discipline-specific pedagogical tools during the module development process.
- Monitor the individual progress of scholars as assigned.
- Support Online Pedagogy team in training, mentoring, and support of Mastercard Foundation Scholars.
- Serve as resource person to Technical support staff.
- Work one-on-one with Mastercard Foundation Scholars in module development.
- Available for full-time or part-time assignment.
- Master’s degree in content area or other related field aligned with the responsibilities of the position.
- 3-5 years professional experience in curriculum and/or course development, preferably in higher education. Teaching experience preferred
- Worked with faculty in the development and delivery of top tier, visually compelling, engaging, and interactive online course content – including layout and design.
Personal Attributes & Competencies:
- Strong practical technical skills in a wide variety of online technologies including but not limited to Mac, Windows, and mobile device operating systems; various academic software; various media development software, and learning management system platforms.
- Knowledge of teaching, learning, pedagogy, and faculty development.
- Understanding of the use of LMSs and other software and innovative technologies used in a fully online academic environment.
- Willingness to troubleshoot problems and discover solutions to solving those problems.
- Willingness to work with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely and carefully with all members of the USIU-A community to maintain an atmosphere of courtesy, professionalism and strong service.
- Demonstrated fluency in written and spoken English to effectively communicate technical details to both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse and inclusive nature of a distinguished higher education environment.
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and desire to work as a team member in a modern, progressive, international and multicultural institution where you can make a difference, please apply.
Interested applicants must indicate on the subject line of their email address the specific position they are applying for, provide current CVs,copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the address below.
Director of Administration,
United States International University – Africa,
P. O. Box 14634 – 00800, Nairobi, Kenya
Email: j[email protected]
Please note, interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis