Reporting to the Director – Administration, the job holder will often act as the Director’s first point of contact with people from both inside and outside the University
Office Administrator Job Responsibilities
- Serving as a point of contact and answering employee questions.
- Organizing, maintaining diaries and making appointments of Administration Division.
- Effectively arrange and coordinate all activities/Errands in the office.
- Setting appointments and arranging meetings for the Director Administration.
- Requisition of departmental utilities.
- Prepare and process payment requisition for casuals in the HR department
- Responding to incoming mails.
- Creating and distributing documents as per the divisional requirements.
- Compiling various reports and spreadsheets to ensure the Director is well prepared for meetings.
- Orients new employees by providing orientation information packets.
Qualifications for the Office Administrator Job
- An undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Business Studies or equivalent from an accredited university;
- At least 3 years’ experience in relevant administrative ;work
Personal Attributes & Competencies
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve programs in a timely manner
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and verbally.
- Must be able to effectively read and interpret information, present numerical data in a resourceful manner, and skillfully gather and analyze information
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently
- Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality.
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions.
- Must be able to improve performance through management feedback
How to Apply
All other details such as key responsibilities, minimum educational and professional qualifications as well as desirable personal attributes and competencies can be found on our website at www.usiu.ac.ke/jobs.
Incumbents will be expected to continue upgrading their knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to keep abreast of regulation/policy changes and trends in higher education.
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and want to work as a team member in a modern and progressive institution where you can make a difference, please apply. Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the following address by Thursday, October 19, 2017.
Director of Administration,
United States International University – Africa
P.O. Box 14634-00800, Nairobi, Kenya
Email: [email protected]
USIU-Africa is an equal opportunity employer.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.