Reporting to the Director, USIU Online. The Instructional Designer will plan, execute, test, and assess instructional design projects and support the development of a suite of online courses to be offered at USIU-A.
- Work closely with UI/UX, media developers, and other team members to design and develop premium online course content.
- Under general direction, use effective instructional delivery methods; modern, sleek and intuitive UI/UX design practices; and provide strong faculty support at all stages of the instructional design process.
- Support Instructional Design team in training, mentoring, and support of MCF Scholars.
- Serve as resource person to the Technical support staff.
- Work one-on-one with MCF scholars in module development and submission to incorporate cutting edge technological tools.
- Monitor the individual progress of scholars as assigned.
- Available for full-time or part-time assignment.
Educational Qualifications and Professional Experience:
- Master’s degree in instructional design, education technology, or other related field aligned with the responsibilities of the position.
- 3-5 years professional experience as instructional designer, learning designer or course developer, preferably in higher education.
- Experience working with faculty and academic leadership in the development and delivery of top tier, visually compelling, engaging, and interactive online course content – including layout and design – at the university level. Teaching experience preferred
Personal Attributes & Competencies:
- Strong practical technical skills in a wide variety of online technologies including but not limited to Mac, Windows, and mobile device operating systems; various academic software; various media development software, and learning management system platforms.
- Knowledge of teaching, learning, pedagogy, and faculty development.
- Understanding of the use of LMS’s and other software and innovative technologies used in a fully online academic environment.
- Willingness to troubleshoot problems and discover solutions to solving those problems.
- Willingness to work with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely and carefully with faculty, the IT team and other members of the USIU-A community to maintain an atmosphere of courtesy, professionalism and strong service.
- Experience working in higher education in support of faculty.
- Demonstrated fluency in written and spoken English with the sophistication necessary to effectively communicate technical details to both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse and inclusive nature of a distinguished higher education environment.
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and desire to work as a team member in a modern, progressive, international and multicultural institution where you can make a difference, please apply.
Interested applicants must indicate on the subject line of their email address the specific position they are applying for, provide current CVs,copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the address below.
Director of Administration,
United States International University – Africa,
P. O. Box 14634 – 00800, Nairobi, Kenya
Email: j[email protected]
Please note, interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis