Differently Abled & Special Needs Officer Job, Kenyan Administrative Jobs,
To provide administrative and technical leadership in the establishment and operations of a Differently Abled & Special Needs Resources Center that will ensure accessibility and inclusivity of Differently Abled persons and other Special Needs in all university processes, programs, services, facilities and equipment.
- Establish the Differently abled and Special Needs Resource Center.
- Ensure the full adherence and compliance of the Access of Differently Abled Persons and other Special Needs (DAP&SN) policy by all arms of the university community.
- Develop tools, instruments, controls and procedures for monitoring, assessment, evaluation and tracking of the provision of services for DAP & SN.
- Collect and document data on recruitment, admission, enrollment, retention and graduation, of DAP & SN.
- Keep records of the diagnoses or natures of the disabilities or special needs presented and performing periodic reviews of the same.
- Be the main point of contact for DAP & SN in relation to information on all university services
- Notify the relevant department/.support services of any admission or recruitment of DAP & SN and of the special or additional learning support required by the person(s).
- Document and track complaints raised by or relating to DAP &SN regarding their work, or in and out of class experience while on or out of campus.
- Liaise with the parents/guardians and support systems for Differently Abled Students with and Special Needs (DAP & SN) on their general social and academic welfare.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders, agencies and committees to generate information, training and advocacy/sensitization programs on the needs of DAP & SN.
- Monitor, assess and evaluate the university’s adherence to the Access of the DAP & SN Policy and relevant legal and statutory requirements, and recommend revisions as may be necessary. Such revisions shall be undertaken with due involvement of DAP & SN.
- Conduct periodic reviews and updating of the DAP & SN Policy to ensure that emerging issues, practices and trends in the provision of quality services, products and educations to DAP & SN are, where appropriate, incorporated therein.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in the field of Special Needs Education and/or Studies on Differently Abled persons or its equivalent; a Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- Three (3) years of work experience in the area of disability inclusion or its equivalent.
- Membership to relevant professional bodies.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
Skills & Competencies:
- Knowledge of curriculum and pedagogy techniques for DAP & SN.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Strong Leadership, analytical & critical thinking skills.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality.
- A working understanding of Research Methodologies.
How To Apply
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and desire to work as a team member in a modern, progressive, international and multicultural institution where you can make a difference, please apply.
Interested applicants must indicate on the subject line of their email address the specific position they are applying for, provide current CVs,copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the address below.
Please note, interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.