Dean Of Students Job, Current Administration Vacancies in Kenya,
Reporting to the Associate Deputy Vice Chancellor – Student Affairs the successful candidate will oversee extracurricular student-related programs aimed at developing student leadership and meeting the student welfare needs for the physical and social development of the students. The successful candidate will work in close collaboration with other department in the Division of Academic and Student Affairs to identify the development needs of students, maintain a productive learning environment, and stay up to date on important student affairs.
- Provide leadership in the Dean of Students Office in line with the vision, mission, core values and strategic focus of USIU-Africa.
- Student Disciplinary Process: Coordination of student discipline system on academic and non- academic matters. This involves conducting investigations and presiding over disciplinary hearings/ proceedings, facilitating student rehabilitation programs in line with policy.
- Student Governance and Advisory Services: Oversee Student Elections for all student bodies (SAC, SPAC, Clubs and sports teams) to ensure they are in line with the respective constitutions and the relevant university policies and procedures as well as facilitate Student Leadership Development Programs.
- Orientation programs: Manage Freshmen and international student’s orientation programs.
- International Students Services: Oversee the management of Study abroad programs and International students exchange and integration programs as well as the provision of basic services to international students.
- Student Communications: Play an advisory role to student’s leaders and provide a link to administration to ensure effective communication and management of student issues.
- Student Welfare: Provide overall coordination of both the local and international students’ welfare activities. This includes overseeing Student Housing & Student Activities programs to provide an environment conducive to learning, healthy cultural exchange and the development of character, life skills and talent.
- Policy Review and Implementation: Conduct periodic reviews of relevant student handbooks, policies and procedure manuals and ensure policy directives are adhered to.
- Student and Specific University-wide Projects: Oversee SAC projects, Year Book and Professor Freida Brown Day.
- Create and implement department goals, policies, budgets and working procedures.
- Assess the needs of the student body and respond in a timely and effective manner.
- Provide support to students on issues related to the institution policies, department processes, and student services.
- Conduct regular department evaluations to determine efficiency, prepare annual reports and, if required, recommend solutions for improvement.
- Develop and present proposals for new student development program initiatives to the Management Board and the University Senate.
- Oversight students counseling support services.
- Serve as an ex-officio member of the University Students Council as well as the liaison between the University administration and the Student Council.
- Develop and maintain appropriate networks and collaboration with other Universities, and related organizations on issues and matters of mutual interest.
- Perform any other duties as defined and assigned by the Supervisor.
Educational and Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- At least a Master’s Degree in the field of education administration or counseling; a relevant PhD/ Doctoral degree from a recognized university will be an added advantage.
- Experience as a Principal Students Officer for a minimum of three (3) years.
- Proficiency and experience in computer applications, including financial and data management software.
- A strong understanding of higher education institution policies.
- Experience with student matters both from a classroom and outside classroom perspectives.
- Familiarity with budget processes and policies and policies implementation in the University systems.
- Excellence in generating consensus on solutions.
Personal Attributes & Competencies:
- Leadership skills
- Problem-solver with a collaborative work style.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn new systems.
- Ability to manage confidential information and to engender an atmosphere of trust among students and colleagues.
- Ability to analyze complex situations and exercise prudent judgment.
- Proven ability to bring together faculty, staff, students and academic administration as well as campus administrators outside of Student Affairs to address complex, student-oriented issues.
- Ability to build positive relationships with students, parents and employees.
How To Apply
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and desire to work as a team member in a modern, progressive, international and multicultural institution where you can make a difference, please apply.
Interested applicants must indicate on the subject line of their email address the specific position they are applying for, provide current CVs,copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the address below.
Director of Administration,
United States International University – Africa,
P. O. Box 14634 – 00800, Nairobi, Kenya
Email: j[email protected]
Please note, interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.