Debt Collection Officer Job at Granary Capital
A fast growing micro finance institution is urgently seeking to fill in positions outlined below
Reporting to: Finance Manager
Other Relationships: Marketing, Credit, Customer Service, HR, Finance & IT
Role Profile: The Credit Operations Officer – Your will be responsible for end to end collections and recoveries for unsecured debt as well as initiating legal action on secured debt.
This is a varied role and you will need to have a good understanding of litigation. You will work closely with a small professional, but fun team in an engaging culture with low turnover.
You will be pro-active with your ability to solve problems and look at issues holistically.
There are also opportunities for career progression in this role.
Responsibilities for the Debt Collection Officer Job
- Initiate legal action (default notices) where necessary for both secured and unsecured debt.
- Complete legal action on all unsecured debt.
- Liaison with our vendors.
- Arrange payment of all invoices not limited to property consultants, Lawyers, Accountants, Valuers
- Responsible for outsourcing written off files to external collections agencies
- Responsible for payment and maintaining register of all payments made by external collections agencies
- To be successful in this role you will have proven collections/recoveries experience ideally from the banking/Micro finance industry.
Debt Collection Officer Job Qualifications
- Diploma in Business Management, Administration or Social Science from a reputable University.
- Fully conversant with micro-credit and SME lending in the Kenyan business environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, tact and discretion when dealing with people and records.
- Demonstrable People Management experience in a lending environment.
- High integrity and dependability.
- Ability to build and maintain productive working relationships in a multi-functional environment.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a Credit collection position gained from a Banking or Financial Institution with demonstrable ability in providing guidance in all areas of credit operations including processes, systems & models.
- Strong presentation skills including excellent oral communication skills, passion to make yourself understood and engaging in a pleasant way.
- People Management skills a must.
- Experience in early stage collections– secured and unsecured debts
- Sound knowledge of industry changes and legislative requirements
- Ability to manage complex business banking customer connections on a day to day basis
- Strong negotiation and customer service skills
- Driving both Vehicles and motor bikes
- Strong data entry and high attention to detail
- Ensure excellent customer service delivery and customer delight in all Branches.
How to Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current and expected remuneration, quoting the job title in the subject field to email@example.com.
Deadline of application is 26th January 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.