Driver Job, Latest Driver Kenyan Jobs 2022,
Min Ksh 51,338 – Max Ksh. 63,126
Number of positions: 1
- Kenya certificate of secondary education minimum of D+ or its equivalent.
- Have valid Driving License (Class B,C,E).
- Valid driving license free from any current endorsements and valid for any of the classes of vehicles which the Officer is required to drive;
- Defensive driving certificate from Automobile Association (AA) of Kenya or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- Passed the Suitability Test for Drivers Grade I from the Ministry of Roads and Public Works;
- A course in First Aid lasting not less than one (1) week from St. John Ambulance or Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized institution;
- Any other qualifications that may be adjudged as equivalent by the Institution
- Previous relevant work experience required.
- At least 9 years’ relevant driving experience;
- Conversant with use of GPS maps.
- The job holder is responsible for driving official institutional vehicle assigned to the Chief Executive Officer to facilitate business of the institution.
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Driving institution’s assigned motor vehicles
- Ensuring the safety of staff and other road users by obeying traffic rules
- Adhering to work schedules and timelines for efficient service delivery.
- Liaising with transport service providers e.g. motor vehicle dealers, fuel providers and specified garages to enhance motor vehicle service.
- Providing regular updates on motor vehicle condition.
- Ensuring compliance with transport legal requirements through adherence to the transport regulations and guidelines for compliance and cost management;
- Collaborating with traffic enforcement agencies (Government Vehicle Check Unit and National Transport & Safety Authority) to enhance road safety;
- Ensuring timely motor vehicle servicing and maintenance to enhance cost efficiency;
- Conducting day today routine check of the assigned motor vehicle to ensure the vehicle is in sound mechanical condition.
- Maintaining cleanliness of motor vehicles for comfort of passengers and to reduce depreciation
- Timely reporting of all accidents and incidents to facilitate necessary decision and action;
- Ensuring security of the assigned vehicle to reduce losses and damage;
- Maintaining accurate transport related documents which include work tickets, fuel receipts, fuel cards and authorization letters to ensure compliance with transport requirements;
- Adhering to the approved guidelines of the Institution’s vehicles to ensure effective use; and
- Reporting on vehicle insurance expiry to facilitate timely renewals;
- Ensuring the vehicle has safety, first aid a kit and other items that include spare business cards, pens and note-book, drinking water and other appropriate utilities;
- Managing the Chief Executive Officer’s movements by familiarizing himself with all routes to be able to get the Chief Executive from one point to another in a secure and convenient manner traffic congestion, roads under construction and other movement inhibiting factors notwithstanding;
- Maintaining confidentiality at all times under whatever circumstances;
- Maintaining etiquette at all times.
- Financial Responsibility:
- Responsible for monitoring of fuel utilization and fuel cards of the assigned vehicle.
- Minimizing vehicle running costs through safe driving
Responsibility for physical assets around the area of work:
- Responsible for the assigned Institution vehicles.
- Responsible for motor vehicle documents and fuel card.
- The job holder will need to understand the following information to discharge his/her mandate:
- Verbal and written instructions or requests from the CEO;
- Written email instructions from the CEO.
Decision Making/ Job Influence:
Makes decisions using standard operating procedures;
- Proficiency Driving
- Basic motor vehicle maintenance
- knowledge of traffic rules and guidelines
- Knowledge of protocols
- Defensive driving
- Communication skills
Behavioral Competencies/ Attributes:
- Interpersonal skills,
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Good grooming
- Time management
- Organizational skills
How to Apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.