Finance Business Partner Job, Finance Kenyan Jobs,
Purpose of Role
The Finance Business Partner – CD and Treasury is responsible for ensuring that the company has enough cash available to meet the needs of its operations. This includes end-to-end accountability of cash forecasting, working capital management, cash management, investment management, treasury risk management, credit agency relationships, bank relationships and fund raising. The role is also responsible for providing Decision Support to the Sales& Planning departments with a focus on supply chain cost management.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- CPA(K) or ACCA
- At least 4 years accounting experiencing in a manufacturing operations or Agricultural set up .
- Solid experience in Ms Office with bias to MS Excel and Powerpoint or Power BI .
- Working knowledge of an ERP system
- Ability to conceptualise and grasp ideas quickly is essential.
- Inclination to a growth mindset .
- Thorough knowledge of bank policies, procedures, products and services, retirement account plan types, and functions as well as a strong background regarding all relevant laws and regulations.
- Must be able to act independently and show sound judgment in problem resolution and make decisions based upon policies and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written skills are essential to ensure effective communication both internally and externally.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- Must be able to learn new things quickly and be able to teach others.
- Must be able to critically analyze processes within the department and make recommendations for improvement to key stakeholders.
- People Management Skills
- End-to-end accountability for treasury.
- Cash forecasting to gauge cash requirements
- Foreign currency dealing – buying and selling forex for foreign currency cash requirements.
- Financing arrangements with banks including Supplier Financing, Overdraft Arrangements, Long-term loans / debentures and Credit Cards
- Treasury reporting
- Support Finance Manager in long-term strategic planning
- Engagement with Global Unilever Treasury
- Manage bank relationships (including signatories, new or changing bank facilities, etc)
- Controlling & Monitoring to guard against fraud in the Cash Office
- Ensure proper accounting of all interests payable, receivable and capex
- Review of bank statement and reconciliations
- Ensures all relevant journals are raised, approved and posted on time.
- Ensure completeness of Intercompany postings including ledger reconciliations.
- Transactional management: Wire Transfers (Payments of Foreign currency denominated invoices)
- Booking of transactions initiated by Treasury into ledger and reconciliation of all bank accounts.
- Processing of intercompany invoices for payment, reconciliation of intercompany accounts
- Efficient operation of the department in a manner consistent with bank policy and related regulations and laws.
- Interfaces with all other functions (nature will involve processing vouchers, disbursing and receiving funds to and from other employees) .
- External – Bankers (demanding quotations, transmitting instructions, attending to or making enquiries and clarifications, following up on company’s transactions), Unilever Global Treasury Centre (attending to queries, submission of weekly and adhoc reports)
- Ensure Monthly Reconciliation of Cashbook (Banks) and all other Treasury accounts (back office management ) .
- Manage funding costs by analysing, monitoring and taking appropriate actions to minimise overall cost of funds such as overdrafts, loans etc
- Ensure proper facilities are in place with the banks for different financing needs.
- Manage forex exposure through hedging in line with the forex policy and ensure exposure is within mandated limits.
- Update the business leadership on economic changes including currency, inflation and government regulations.
- Responsible for trade debtor’s management and collections
- Ensuring that cash monies received from trade customers are allocated and posted to GL.
- Ensure all service providers are paid as per the contract terms- Approve all invoices for warehouses, Shipping agents, shipping lines, Transporters and any other supplier
- Ensure reporting is done every month as per the End month Closure timetable.
- Ensure all the provisions and accruals are fully reconciled every month
- Ensure timely intercompany invoicing is done by 22nd of every month and by 15th of a quarter end- Tanzania commissions and other charges, UAPL VP’s costs, R&D costs and TBO/UKL monthly cross charges- Debtor Accountant
- Business partner customer service & sales team in driving sales revenue.
- Responsible for the warehouse stocks in Cargill and Tea warehouses
- Prepare annual Supply chain forecast & lead monthly reviews
- Prepare Supply chain Costs analysis and commentaries /presentation for and during flash results meeting by 1st /2nd of every month.
- Ensure Reporting of Third-party sales by 1st of every month- to Reporting Officer
- Prepare and submit total sales turnover for the month plus sales commentaries for end month reporting.
- Responsible for planning, organizing & supervising the warehousing half-year and annual tea stock take exercise.
- Lead in all the strategic functions of the sections e.g. partner to win, savings initiatives and regulatory framework.
- Responsible for unit 91 budget and actual cost management.
- Business partner the supply planning & sales on cost management through effective business partnering.
- Responsible for monitoring the Order to Cash process operation and financial controls and ensure that risks are fully mitigated.
- Support annual audits by Internal and external auditors by providing reports & documents, explanations to audit queries.
- Lead in preparation of Annual budgets for supply costs, Supply planning department and unit 91.
- Assist in the contract pricing of the Green tea and Core + product prices that are shared with the Customer service team and the customer by Q1 of every year.
- Provide cash Forecast from sales to the Treasury team on a monthly basis
- Manage & monitor stock Days on Hand (DOH) and debtor days
- Provide day to day administrative support for the Mombasa operations
- Engagement & support key stake holders e.g. Warehousing, shipping lines Cos. Mombasa Hospitals, transporters etc.
- Responsible for end month closure routines during end month reporting.
- Responsible for people i.e. mentoring, coaching, 3+1 reviews, supervision of direct reports.
How To Apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.