Senior PSP Officer Job, Current Kenyan NGO Vacancies,
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for Private Sector Partnership in the market, reflecting the country advocacy strategies and global PSP strategies.
- Contribute to the development of the annual country Private Partnerships and Philanthropy income, including its income targets and other goals, as well as in their implementation, and report in a timely manner according to agreed annual budgets and plans.
- Manage and/or oversee the PSP budget in the AOR, supervise PSP (UNHCR regular and affiliated) staff in order to ensure National Growth Fund (NGF) projects operate within approved budget.
- Effectively lead the PSP team within the AOR to substantially increase the funds raised in the market
- Enforce the Organization¿s global private sector fundraising strategy in the AOR.
- Oversee the development of an individual giving acquisition program which could include Face to Face, Direct Mail, print ad, Digital or DRTV in addition to other methods determined to be appropriate.
- Oversee donor development, supporter experience and donor care programs to increase donor retention and improve life-time value of donors
- Advise on PSP investments (NGF) on the different fundraising channels, bringing maximum return on investment to the Organization at minimum risk.
- Develop and/or oversee cordial relations with relevant corporate donors and media partners when it is related for fundraising in order to seek their increased financial and other types of support for UNHCR.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of a donor database, in which financial supporter’s private information and donation history are saved.
- Oversee the development, maintenance, updating and enhancement of all the fundraising communication messages and materials for print and internet-based online outlets in order to maximize the loyalty of the donors for UNHCR.
- Ensure the submission of regular reports to the relevant internal recipients inside UNHCR (country, regional and HQ level).
- Ensure the compliance with the relevant domestic law related to fundraising practice, fundraising licencing and data protection.
- Manage PSP activities and staff within the AOR to ensure efficient fundraising operations meeting expected income growth targets.
- If delegated by the supervisor, give approval to national and/or regional PSP implementation of activities within agreed budgets, staffing plans and annual plans.
- Approve UNHCR corporate brand and its delivery for public engagement within the AOR and following PSP global guidelines.
- Coordinate and work closely with Representative(s) and Communications team to integrate plans as it relates to events, public engagement initiatives, campaigns, communications and outreach.
- Ensure coordination with programme, livelihoods, durable solutions and other key UNHCR staff in the AOR as applicable, to identify programme areas for PSP to support, collaborate to structure donor proposals and secure donations from PPH partners
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Years of Experience / Degree Level
- For P4/NOD – 9 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 8 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 7 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
- Business; Marketing; Social Sciences; or other relevant fields.
Certificates and/or Licenses
Relevant Job Experience
Multiyear private sector fundraising experience in a not-for-profit organisation. Proven and successful multi-year track record in private sector partnerships (fundraising).
- Experience with developing and implementing private sector fundraising plans and budgets.
- Proven ability to meet fundraising targets and to negotiate and secure corporate and foundation partnerships for a monetary value of the one noted in the Operational Context. Proven experience in developing and implementing PSP plans and budgets.
- Proven ability to meet fundraising targets. Proven experience in managing high level meetings.
- Proven ability in understanding how to reconcile the needs of the Organization with those of the donor.
- Experience with organizing workshops, trainings and coaching staff.
- Proven ability to write, draft, and edit letters, proposals, appeals, reports, acknowledgements, briefings, and donor correspondence when appropriate and ability to explain complex issues to external donors and present the Organization and diverse operations in an appealing and concise manner.
- Proven experience in managing growing teams;
- Excellent Leadership/Managerial skills and high emotional intelligence. Proven ability to work with a variety of stakeholders
- Experience of working within the UN system, either in headquarters, a field operation, or in a fundraising position.
- Experience in emergency fundraising for a humanitarian organization.
- Experience in handling ¿Corporate Social Responsibility¿ programs and corporate recognition programs.
- Experience with raising funds from large groups of individuals through direct marketing techniques.
- Excellent computer skills with particular reference to word, excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative. Ability to solve problems creatively and efficiently
How To Apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.