Events Manager Job at University of Nairobi Enterprises and Service
UNES/ARZ/EM/07/17 (ONE POSITION)
Contract Duration: 3 Years
The incumbent shall report to the Head Hospitality
The incumbent shall be responsible for providing strategic direction, planning, coordinating and managing the Events Management Business line
Duties for the Events Manager Job
- Develop and implement Events Management Business plan and Work Plans to support the achievement of the business objectives.
- Develop, manage and control the events management budget.
- Participate in the recruitment, training, target setting and evaluation of employee’s performance.
- Ensure accountability, proper storage and handling of all assets under your control
- Planning and securing orders for trade shows/exhibitions
- Planning, coordination and management of events which include set up of tents, linen, décor, lighting, vehicle fleet, equipment, entertainment and all other relevant logistics.
- Update management on new and latest technology and innovation on events management
Timely execution of events setup while working closely with the client to ensure expectations of event set up are met.
- Booking of event locations, halls and equipment
- Work with the Marketing team to develop and implement marketing strategies
- Foster collaborations and partnerships within the industry
- Any other duties assigned by the Head Hospitality
Events Manager Job Requirements
- Under graduate Degree in Events Management or related specialization
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Management of Events related to tents and décor in a décor company
- Must have a successful track record of management of high end corporate events
- Innovative, excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage staff and external vendors in order to maximize productivity of the section
- Ability to deliver under pressure
- Excellent PR and Customer Service skills
- Computer Literate.
How to Apply
Applicants interested in the above positions should submit the following:
- Cover letter detailing why they want to be considered for the position applied, as well as current and expected gross salary.
- Detailed CV including at minimum:
- Biographical data including: Full names, current mailing address, current telephone contacts, email address
- Employment history to date. Ensure that specific start and end dates are included.
- Educational history to date, clearly detailing the program, certificate obtained, and completion date.
- Names of 3 referees.
- Copies of ALL Academic and Professional Certificates and testimonials.
- Completed Personal Data Form (Download here).
- Indicate the Job Reference Number on the title of the email
Submit copies of all the documents required strictly via email before the close of business of July 21, 2017.
Chief Manager, Finance & Administration
N/B: Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted. UNES does not require any payment in order to process your applications.
UNES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.