Public Information Job at United Nations Environment Programme
United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. UN Environment’s Communication Division communicates UN Environment’s core messages to all stakeholders and partners, raising environmental awareness and enhancing the profile of UN Environment worldwide.
This post is located in Communications Division, at the Nairobi duty station. Under the guidance of the Director and the supervision of the Senior Public Information Officer (Deputy Director), the Chief of Content and Client Services is responsible for the effective and efficient performance of the following duties:
- Planning, monitoring, and assessment: (a) Plan, monitor, and assess the section’s work, including outsourced work, in the context of the division’s project commitments to UN Environment’s Programme of Work and its Medium Term Strategy; (b) Management and oversight:
- Manage and oversee the section’s work, including the procurement of goods and services, and its human and other resources, in accordance with the organisation’s policies, procedures, rules, and regulations;
- Strategy and innovation: Provide overall strategic direction to the work of the section, with appropriate strategic framing for the requirements of the section’s clients, underpinned by a sustained innovation strategy that delivers the mandate of the section at the cutting edge of associated industry practices, techniques, technologies, and approaches;
- Executive editor, publisher, and producer: Under the Director’s delegated authority, fulfill the functions of executive editor, publisher, and producer, accountable for the cost and quality control of the organisation’s relevant communication collaterals;
- Resource mobilization: Mobilize and manage resources for the section and for the division;
- Reporting and communication: Ensure timely and comprehensive reporting and documentation as per client, division, corporate, and donor requirements;
- Resource scheduling: Establish and maintain effective and efficient resource scheduling and workflow management systems and processes for the section;
- Content and traffic coordination: Coordinate the section’s throughput, optimizing the systems and processes required to absorb client and project inputs and deliver client and project outputs, including sound relationship management.
- Perform any other relevant duties.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business or public administration, communication or organizational management, marketing, advertising, computer or information systems or related area. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of ten years of progressively responsible experience in communication, media production, publishing, business administration or related field is required. Experience in editorial management is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of any other language is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Apply here for the Chief of Section, Public Information Job
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.