Underwriting Assistant Jobs, Accounting Jobs, Jobs In Embu
The position is responsible for assessing risks in accordance with laid down underwriting procedures in the company and ensuring effective and efficient service delivery to customers. Underwriter associates evaluate applicants for insurance. They determine whether or not a prospective customer should be insured and, if so, recommend an appropriate premium to take on that level of risk. Insurance underwriters analyze the risk profile of clients and to calculate costs.
- Cross sell Kenya Orient Products to customers and ensure organic growth from accounts received.
- Assist in processing of credits and refunds.
- Assist in timely processing of quotations and tender documents.
- Assist in reviewing all reports from various service providers relating to proposals for insurance.
- Assist with the review of all applications for insurance –determine the profiles of risks presented to the branch/company for insurance and assess their acceptability or otherwise.
- Assist in reviewing proposals for insurance and adjust benefits where necessary by reviewing previous files, worksheets, etc.
- Determining the risk associated with insuring a person or property.
- Evaluating the recommendations made by underwriting software.
- Deciding whether or not to offer insurance to applicants.
- Calculating premiums and appropriate amounts of coverage.
- Researching additional information, such as medical histories or credit scores.
- Determining the relevancy of risk factors.
- Assist in renewal preparation process to ensure timelines are met and correct premium invited
- Assist in reporting and claims validation as per the TATs.
- Assist in timely preparation and despatch of policy documents.
- Assist in reviewing suspense items and follow up on outstanding requirements with a view to reconciling them in record time.
- Liaising with intermediaries for business support.
- Any other duties assigned by management in line with task.
Key Performance Indicators
- Achieve a loss ratio of 54%
- DSO of 45 days
- Retention by policy count of 60%
- 90% compliance toTATs
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University.
- Pass in at least 1 paper in ACII or equivalent.
- At least 1 years relevant experience
Competencies & Skills
- Achievement- able to meetset targets in compliance with quality,time and delivering the required businessresults.
- Customer Service OrientationThe willingness and ability togive priority to customers, delivering high quality services that meet their needs
- Interpersonal Skills- Must be sociable and engaging. Be able to quickly develop a rapport with customers.
- Knowledgeable- Job requires technical understanding of insurance products and services offered by the company.
- Must be well groomed and possess excellent office etiquette.
How To Apply
If you are interested in the position and have the required qualifications, skills and experience, kindly Click Here to apply on or before Sunday, July 14th , 2019.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.