Human Settlements – Senior Programme Officer Jobs at UN
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat), is the United Nations agency for housing and human settlements. It is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all.
This post is located in the Urban Planning and Design Branch (UPDB), City Planning, Extension and Design Unit (CPEDU) of UN-Habitat at the Nairobi duty station.
Under the direct supervision of the Urban Planning and Design Branch Coordinator, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
Programme Officer Job Responsibilities
- Management of the City Planning, Extension and Design Unit and coordination of delivery for all activities within the defined delivery areas.
- Develop and coordinate the implementation the Unit work plan on the basis of overall logical framework and UN-Habitat strategic plan.
- Planning adequate delivery mechanisms according to available staffing and budget.
- Supervise the task manager of the Urban Planning Lab and the Public Space Programme.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting to donor and other internal reporting mechanisms.
Develop products and services on City Planning, Extension and Design
- Support the planning and implementation of normative products of the Unit, policy documents, and expert group meetings, and seminars and the preparation of issue papers required for workshops and meetings.
- Provide necessary technical guidance towards the design and implementation of demonstration projects on city planning, extension and design as well as public space.
- Undertake missions in support of networking and operational activities including backstopping and representation in meetings.
Resource mobilization on City Planning, Extension and Design
- Support the development of new initiatives including the mobilization of additional resources.
- Pursue fundraising opportunities from innovative donors and partners and with clients for planning service delivery.
- Promote synergy with other UPDB units, UN-Habitat Branches and Regional Offices and UN System organizations.
- Promote collaboration with UN Agencies in the field of urban planning and design based on the principles of comparative advantage and synergy.
- Support the development of In-House Agreements and collaboration with regional Offices and Country projects on city planning, extension and design and coordinate backstopping of regional activities on the same.
How to Apply
Apply here for the Programme Officer Jobs
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.