Legal Officer Officer Job, Legal Job Vacancies in Kenya,
Duties and responsibilities will entail:
- Drafting of Private Members’ Bills; drafting of amendments to Bills to be proposed to the
- Assembly by any Member of County Assembly or any Committee of County Assembly;
- Giving legal interpretation of Acts and Bills and generally giving legal advice on matters
- relating to County Assembly;
- Providing legal advice to the CASB, County Assembly Service, County Assembly and its
- Ensuring that Bills passed by County Assembly comply with the Constitution;
- Liaising with the Office of the Attorney General on litigation matters involving County
- Legal representation of County assembly and the CASB in court proceedings;
- Giving of legal opinions on matters before or relating to County Assembly and giving legal
- advice on commercial matters;
- Providing any other legal services as may be required by County Assembly, the
- Committees, the Speaker, the CASB, County Assembly Service or the Clerk; and
- Undertaking legal research on matters before the Department.
Requirements for Appointment
- For appointment to this grade an officer must:
- Have served in the grade of in a comparable position for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Have a Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognized institution;
- Have been admitted as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Membership to Law Society of Kenya or any recognized equivalent professional body;
- Be in possession of a valid practicing certificate.
- Have certificate in Senior Management course lasting not less than four weeks;
- Be Proficient in computer applications; and
- Meet the requirements of Leadership and Integrity set out in Chapter Six of the Constitution
How To Apply
For details of the advertised positions and online applications process, access Uasin Gishu County Assembly job application portal in our website http://www.ugcountyassembly.or.ke/. Applications can also be submitted to the following email: [email protected]. All applications should reach the County Assembly Service Board (CASB) on or before 30th March, 2022.
Note: Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Uasin Gishu County Assembly is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
THE SECRETARY / CLERK
COUNTY ASSEMBLY SERVICE BOARD
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.