The Standard Group comprises The Standard Newspaper, The Nairobian, KTN, KTN News, Radio Maisha, Standard Digital and Think Outdoor Services. The Group is looking for highly motivated, qualified, experienced and reputable individuals, to fill the following positions:
Reporting to Chief Programmes Producer
The incumbent will be responsible for creating and developing television content that is appealing to the viewers.
TV Producer Job Responsibilities
- Developing ideas for new and existing shows every quarter.
- Carrying out research for various needs required by new and existing programmes.
- Planning for crew needs in terms of transport, meals, locations, recce (pre-shoot visits), aesthetics, costumes and props, music, graphics, talent sourcing and budgeting.
- Scripting for new and/or existing shows.
- Overseeing production by managing crew and talents on location to ensure there is discipline and optimum output, calling for the camera shots, conducting interviews and handling equipment on location.
- Previewing the rushes/footage after the shoots to ascertain quality and quantity.
- Overseeing post-productions (editing with the video editor).
- Ensuring that the final product meets broadcast standards and delivered within the scheduled time.
- Ensuring that all shows are within budget and unnecessary expenditures are avoided.
- Ensuring all props and costumes for the show are safely kept and in good condition.
- Marketing programmes by ensuring the programme promo is released in good time, social media platforms are active, responding to feedback from viewers and suggesting marketing opportunities for the programme.
Qualifications for the TV Producer Job
- Diploma in TV Production/ Media Studies or a relevant field from a recognized institution
- University degree is an added advantage
- 2 years relevant experience
Skills and Attributes
- Judgment or discretion required
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Knowledge of routine(s)
- Problem solving skills
- Leadership skills
- Decision making skills
How to Apply
If you possess the above qualifications and the drive to meet the challenge, visit our website www.standardmedia.co.ke/recruitment to browse through the current openings/vacancies and apply not later than Friday, 12th January, 2018.
The Standard Group is an equal opportunity employer and as such, canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification. Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.