Accountant Job, Current Kenyan Accounting Jobs,
REF: TUR/CPSB/011/2022/2023: ACCOUNTANT GENERAL, JOB GROUP ‘Q’, ONE (1) POST.
Requirements and competencies for appointment:
• Relevant working experience of five (5) years in the Accounting Audit or Financial field; o
• Passed Part III of Certified Public Accounting (CPA) Examination or its recognized equivalent;
• Masters degree in any of the following: Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or their equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
• Registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) and Registration of Accountants Board (RAB);
• Attended a Strategic Leadership Development Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
Duties and responsibilities:-
• Provision of advisory services to the Accounting officers and other stakeholders on all financial and accounting matters in accounting unit;
• Ensuring proper interpretation and implementation of financial regulations and procedures, treasury circulars, letters and instructions;
• Developing supplementary financial regulations and procedure to enhance internal controls establishment through normal Treasury regulations and procedures;
• Provision of quality and timely accounting services in the accounting unit; including maintenance of accurate accounting records and preparation of management and statutory financial reports;
• Ensuring all statutory reports are prepared as per the required law;
• Safe guarding Government Assets and records in the Accounting unit, and
• Supervising training and development of the Accounting officers.
Terms of Service :( Local Contract.)
Details of the Job description and Job requirements are available at http://www.turkana.go.ke
How to Apply
Written applications, CV’s, copies of certificates, testimonials and Identity Card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Turkana County Public Service Board,
P.O. BOX 05, Lodwar, – 30500.
OR delivered by hand at the reception desk at Turkana County Public Service Board Offices located along Nawoitorong road Opposite Lodwar Club located off Kitale-Lodwar highway so as to reach the undersigned on or before Friday, 9th December, 2022 by 5.00pm. (East African Time).
Important information to all candidates;
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
N/B Youth, Women and Persons Living with disability (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.