Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
Job Title: Travel Logistics Officer
Grade: 6 (N)
Level: Senior Specialist
Department: General Services
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
This position is primarily responsible for the coordination and follow-up of logistics for all CWS travel, as well as preparing travel itineraries of official CWS staff travel in accordance with the CWS standard operating procedures within Sub Sahara Africa and Internationally.
This position provides support to CWS Sub –Offices within the region.
This position reports directly to the Travel Logistics Supervisor.
Essential Duties Travel and Logistics
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Public Administration, Procurement or other related field required.
Five (5) years of paid work experience is required. Administrative experience is preferred.
Knowledge in Amadeus booking tool is preferred.
· Demonstrated written and verbal English skills;
· Demonstrated computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel;
· Demonstrated organisational and time management skills;
· Demonstrated strong communication skills.
· Demonstrated interpersonal relations
· Demonstrated ability to manage heavy workload
The Travel Logistics Officer must have the ability to:
· maintain the integrity of confidential financial and personnel information;
· communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
· read, understand and follow all SOPs within the Logistics unit
· follow instructions from the Supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude;
· deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, applicants and members of the general public;
· conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa and CWS/IRP;
· maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
· carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
· take initiative;
· maintain strict confidentiality with RSC Africa administrative and operational information;
· manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities;
· work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation;
· effectively manage RSC Africa’s resources;
· actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Government Operational Refugee Processing Program in Africa;
Physical requirements: This position requires bending, sitting, standing, walking, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying light loads.
Working environment: Normal office working conditions.
IATA training/certification is preferred.
‘Certificate of Good Conduct issued within the last one year (12 months) is required before the start of employment. Employee will be entrusted with the receipt, custody and payment of money
Ensure effective exchanges of information with others. Examples of skills and behaviours include speaking to others respectfully; expressing ideas in a logical, organised way; sharing information appropriately; and clarity and conciseness in written communication.
Ensure constructive and supportive interactions with others. Examples of skills and behaviours include being positive and supportive when working with others; sharing information and resources freely; resolving conflict constructively; and proactively working to remove obstacles to success for others.
Utilize and apply job related knowledge to complete job tasks at a level that meets or exceeds expectations. Examples of skills and behaviors include utilizing job knowledge to solve problems or develop new approaches; maintaining or enhancing skills through continuing education; and taking on projects that will develop or enhance skills.
Work effectively and contribute as a member of a team. Examples of skills and behaviors include supporting other team members by sharing information; covering the work of others during absences, vacations, etc.; and actively participating in developing ideas for ways to increase team effectiveness.
Analyze information and develop solutions to challenges that arise during the course of performing a job. Examples of skills and behaviors include researching and collecting facts; defining the issues and the parties affected; formulating options/solutions for addressing the problem; and engendering support for and implementing the solution.
Program Planning and Management
Organize work and/or plan projects and ensure timely completion and/or successful implementation. Examples of skills and behaviors include identifying and analyzing program options; identifying the tasks and deliverables required for successful completion; managing one’s time; monitoring the resources involved and ensuring that they are directed most effectively; and working with all involved to ensure successful completion.
Guide and direct oneself or other individuals and groups toward a desired outcome. Examples of skills and behaviors include taking the appropriate level of initiative to resolve problems or remove obstacles, bringing individuals together around a common goal; evaluating information and making decisions; navigating conflict and obstacles; and ensuring that communication takes place between all parties involved.
Resource Building and Stewardship
Balance the acquisition or investment of organization resources with responsible use of those resources in line with the organization’s mission. Examples of skills and behaviors include taking advantage of all opportunities to cultivate potential donors; evaluating situations to identify the best use of resources; and making responsible investments of resources that increase organization effectiveness.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter