Transport Manager Jobs, Engineering Jobs, KUTRRH Jobs
Purpose Of The Job
Reporting to the Deputy Director-Finance and Administrative Services, the Transport Manager job exists to oversee and coordinate the transport function and services at the KUTRRH.
- Plan for human and non-human resource required in the transport unit of the hospital.
- Ensure and facilitate the acquisition and maintenance of automotive in collaboration with the procurement section of the hospital.
- Ensure that all automotive are well services and fitted with all the required licenses and thus meet all the statutory requirements.
- Ensure availability and supply of sufficient commodities and materials needed in the transport unit, in collaboration with the procurement section of the hospital.
- Manage and supervise staff together with their work in the transport unit of the hospital.
- Ensure efficient use of all resources allocated to the transport unit of the hospital.
- Oversee and ensure preparation of periodic work plans for the transport unit of the hospital and ensure that they are appropriately implemented in the hospital.
- Ensure that the transport unit provides quality, sufficient and timely transportation services in the hospital.
- Participate in the recruitment and disciplinary action of the transport unit staff in collaboration with Human Resource Management unit of the hospital.
- Ensure reliable and safe transport services provision by well trained and motivated drivers and mechanics in the hospital.
- Ensure continuous training and development of transport staff in the hospital in collaboration with human resource management unit of the hospital.
- Monitor and evaluate the progress, performance and productivity of the transport unit for continuous provision of timely quality, safe and sufficient transportation services in the hospital, and disseminate the reports appropriately.
Minimum level of academic qualifications required to perform effectively in the role:
- Diploma in Automotive / Mechanical Engineering, or Business Management, or Social Sciences from a recognized institution.
Minimum level of knowledge required for the job
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of relevant legislations
- Knowledge of professional standards
Soft skills required for the job
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Organizational skills
- Observation skills
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Team building skills
Relevant Work Experience Required
Minimum number of years of experience the jobholder is required to have to be appointed to the position:
- At least five years’ working experience as a Transport Manager in a similar level organization charge of Transport.
How to Apply
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of these posts, please send your
- Application Letter,
- Curriculum Vitae and
- Filled Application Form
Download the Job Job Application Form.
ONLY via email to [email protected]
Or hard copies can be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is Monday 5th August 2019
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.