Transport Credit Controller Job at Corporate Staffing
Reporting to: Finance Manager
Salary: 50k – 60k
Our client is a well established company serving a wide range of clientele in the service industry. They seek to hire a result oriented Credit controller to ensure that overdue debtors are kept to a minimum and maintained to a high level of accuracy.
Credit Controller Job Responsibilities
- Keeping debtor days within agreed levels.
- Actively pursuing overdue debts by phone, emails & letters to ensure payment within agreed timescales and escalating difficult cases promptly
- Sending out monthly debtors statements/letters
- Reconciling debtors accounts and ensuring accuracy of balances at all times
- Continuous improvement of credit control systems
- Maintaining a day-to-day record of credit control activities for each delinquent account
- Identifying changes in payment patterns and taking action to avert delinquency
- Handling disputed invoices expeditiously and negotiating to bring payment within the agreed terms
- Responding promptly and completely to both debtors and internal enquiries
- Proposing and preparing files for external debt recovery
- Providing ad-hoc reports as and when requested
- Other duties as delegated from time to time by the Finance Manager
Qualifications for Credit Controller Job
- Bachelor’s degree in B.COM (accounting option)
- CPA II finalist
- 2 years’ experience in Credit control
- Have the ability to explain financial reports clearly.
- Should have worked in a medium or large organization
- MS Office applications.