Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of neutrality and impartiality. Thousands of health professionals, logistical and administrative staff – most of who are hired locally – works on programmers in some 70 countries worldwide to support it activities.
Medecins Sans Frontieres – Holland, Kenya office is sourcing for a suitable candidate for the following position:
TRANSPORT & CUSTOMS OFFICER –LT03601
1 POSITION – BASED IN NAIROBI
Reporting to the Transport Manager, the incumbent shall be responsible for performing the day to day activities and administrative processes for the clearance and transportation of medical and non-medical goods according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure the optimal running of the mission
Key accountabilities include but are not limited to:
· Performing day-to-day activities and administrative processes to ensure an efficient running of the clearance and transportation processes of medical and non-medical goods for a supply office (coordination or project) following the supply procedures according to MSF standards and protocols. Including the following activities:
· Performing Pre Clearance on Imports: Ensuring shipping documents are complete, and all customs clearance requirements such as exemptions and import permits are in place before physical arrival of the shipments.
· Assists in import permits application on KENTRADE through relevant regulating bodies, such as PPB in cases of medical items, CA in cases of communication items and ERC in cases of energy related items.
· Responsible for all customs and administrative related issues: Facilitation of import customs clearance processes by liaising with transit sheds and shipping lines concerning issuance of clearance documents and delivery notes to MSF contracted clearing agents.
· Issuing clearing agents with the necessary export documents including PPB export permits for medical items needed for customs export declaration of transit, and locally acquired goods and any other cargo coming from a bonded warehouse.
· Responsible for reception and forwarding of international freights.
· Responsible for TGD & transit documentation: Ensuring all clearance transit documents are delivered by the clearing and forwarding agents alongside the transit shipments, and MSF copies filled as well as keeping a set at the TGD for audit purposes by KRA. Preparation of transit period extension requests and following up with the clearing and forwarding agents in their lodgment with customs and approval.
· Update and keep track of Freight Tracker , and Truck-turn-around reports by filling accurate cargo and movement information.
· Issuing Service Providers with PO’s and undertaking invoices checks:
· Facilitation and processing of tax exemption documents by providing RPO(Regional Protocol Office) with complete and accurate documents required for exemption application.
· Provide relevant information to the Transport & Customs Manager in regards to import and export processes & regulations in Kenya and East African Region.
· Be a self- driver of MSF vehicles if needed be after a prior authorisation from the Logistics Manager
Education and Knowledge Required
· Diploma in Clearing and Forwarding
· Bachelor’s degree is an added advantage
· Knowledge of SIMBA TRADEX system
· Familiarity with ASCYUDA system
· Knowledge in EAC Tariff code guidelines
· Essential computer literacy fluency in Excel, word, outlook express
· Experience in dealing with authorities
· At least 2 years’ experience in supply chain/clearance & customs procedures related jobs
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter