Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
Salary – Competitive
Contract – Full time – 2 year Fixed Term
Traidcraft Exchange works for trade and climate justice. We work in South Asia and East Africa to identify, support and invest in farmer associations, worker collectives, social enterprises and civil society organisations that are challenging the negative impact of mainstream trade and developing alternative business models that put people and planet first, and in the UK, we advocate and campaign for changes to business practices and government policy. This is an exciting time to join our organisation. We are embarking on a process of change to shift power to groups in the global south, and to rethink the way we work in the UK. We are committed to equality and providing a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We are looking for an experienced individual to join our team in Nairobi as Partnership Lead, to help us develop our participatory approaches, methodologies, and tools to deliver and evidence our new approach. Are you someone who lives and breathes the principles of #ShiftingthePower to communities and partners? Do you have a passion for participatory approaches, and experience and skills on Participatory Grant making? This is an opportunity for someone who wants a role aligned to their values of supporting people-led change, dialogue and relationships, who wants to innovate and work differently, someone with an entrepreneurial mindset, committed to learning, really make a difference, and do something meaningful and exciting! If the answer is yes, this is the role for you, and we would welcome your application for this position.
Interested? Full job description and application form can be found on our website. Please send completed applications to [email protected] together with a covering letter stating your salary expectations.
Closing date for applications: 9 am Monday 13th September BST
Provisional date for interviews: 27th – 29th September 2021
Contract -Partnerships Lead – East Africa Programme (full-time two-year fixed term contract)
To lead the development of strategic partnerships, collaborations & effective dialogue in East Africa, partners & communities for co-creating effective interventions to support the Traidcraft Exchange strategy and further our impact on vulnerable communities in East Africa.
We are embarking on an exciting new strategic model for our work. Putting #shiftthepower at the heart of our new approach, we will root our work in the specific country contexts, through partnership with communities and organisations of farmers, artisans, and workers, putting them in the driving seat of decisions and strengthening a local/national eco-system of support and sustain change.
We believe that everyone is an ambassador; everyone is an advocate; everyone is a fundraiser.
This position will
· Report to the Head of Programmes, Africa, also working closely with UK and other regional teams.
· Promote the #ShiftthePower philosophy among all stakeholders
· Develop a strong network and strategic collaborations and partnerships in East Africa, including programme, funding, and policy, to shift power to communities in the region (starting with Kenya).
· Support the delivery of the Africa pilot on Participatory Grant Making and work with collaborators to grow this approach in the region.
· Develop a Community of Practice on participatory approaches in East Africa to influence all stakeholders to support and join this way of working.
· Work closely with TX regional and global teams to share learning and build global collaborative opportunities.
You will be:
· Passionate about change that is led by people themselves and promotes sustainability & human rights
· Innovative and able to spot opportunities for strategic collaborations and partnerships, and able to bring those to fruition, to further the vision of Traidcraft Exchange.
· An excellent networker, able to nurture relationships with different stakeholders, including community groups, CSOs, businesses, donors and community philanthropists.
· Experienced in participatory approaches and participatory grantmaking.
· Strong communication skills to represent Traidcraft Exchange with a range of external stakeholders.
· Ability to support others to develop themselves, offering mentoring support and challenge as needed.
You will have:
· Experience and understanding of sustainable trade issues.
· Experience of developing innovative partnerships and collaborations with others, in a multi-sectoral context.
· Experience in using participatory approaches and methodologies, including participatory grant making.
· A drive to develop a good understanding of participatory, #ShiftthePower approaches, and community philanthropy.
· Excellent networking and communication skills; Strong credibility with a range of audiences
· Good leadership and people coaching skills
Personal commitment to justice and fairness
Full time 40 hours per week