Legal Officer Job, Latest Legal Jobs Kenya,
Reporting to the General Counsel and Senior Executive, Legal Services Department, this position is responsible for drafting and reviewing loan agreements, commercial contracts, and other transaction documents to ensure conformity to Bank’s decision records and policies, provide legal advice and ensure adequate legal representation during court proceedings to safeguard the Bank against legal suits from Borrowers or third parties.
The Legal Officer performs the following duties:
- Draft and negotiate loan agreements, ancillary transaction documents, and commercial contracts (including non-disclosure agreements); and prepare such drafts for proper execution.
- Provide legal services and assistance for loans and related operations of the Bank throughout the origination, appraisal/due diligence, underwriting, documentation, and supervision stages.
- Advise the Bank on interpretation and implementation of legal issues to protect the Bank’s interest.
- Support the appointment of receiver/administrator and the administration of receivership cases.
- Draft legal communications with external legal counsels, courts and other judicial and administrative bodies to protect the Bank’s interest.
- Negotiate legal instruments on active transactions in accordance with the Bank policies through monitoring existing assignments.
- Update status of accounts as per departmental dashboard to organize day to day work by sharing information on actual status of each transaction and action plan.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Juris Doctor’s degree or a Master’s degree in Law (LLM) and Bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB) from an accredited institution.
- Qualification to practice law in any jurisdiction relevant to the Bank’s business or in any of the Bank’s member countries.
- A minimum of 5-8 years of relevant experience, including international work experience in a commercial, financial, or legal advisory institution and/or public section financial body (e.g. International law firm, multi-national corporate, bank, insurance company, investment advisory firm, DFI, Ministry of Finance, National Treasury, Sovereign Wealth Fund).
- Proven track record and experience as a banking, finance, and corporate lawyer.
- Strong legal drafting, problem solving, negotiation, organizational and planning skills with the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, manage dynamic priorities, and work under pressure to deliver on strict deadlines.
- A result-oriented individual with excellent communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English is a requirement. Knowledge of TDB Group’s other working languages (French or Portuguese) would be an added advantage
How to Apply
Deadline: Jun 5, 2022
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.