Corporation Secretary Job at Tourism Regulatory Authority – TRA 3 1 TRA /CS/3/2017
Corporation Secretary Job Responsibilities
- An officer at this level will be responsible for:
- Developing policies, drafting legal and regulatory provisions and guidelines that enable regulatory
functions and operations of the authority.
- Planning and managing activities of legal services of the Authority, including providing legal advice.
- Analyzing the legal environment, cases, reports and performance impacting on organization’s legal standing.
- Monitoring and reviewing regulations governing the organization’s operations and ensures compliance
with statutory requirements on a continuous basis.
- Organizing Board Meetings, and coordinating agendas including other documents required.
- Preparing Minutes of the Board Meetings and ensuring their circulation.
- Ensuring safekeeping of confirmed and signed Minutes of Board Meetings.
- Advising on all contracts and agreements to be entered into between the Authority and other parties.
- Handling the Board’s legal functions in liaison with other legal agencies, attending court as appropriate
and ensuring the Board obtains effective representation as necessary.
- Ensuring the Board operates within the Law.
- Advice the Authority on all outsourced legal services.
- Any other relevant responsibilities that can be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications for the Corporation Secretary Job
- Masters of Law degree from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor of Law degree from a recognized institution.
- Served as Chief Legal Officer or in a comparable position for a minimum period of three (3) years.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Studies from the Council of Legal Education.
- Registered Advocate of the High Court of Kenya and, Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya (CPSK)
or its equivalent.
- A Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Member of a professional body.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are required to submit their application letter, detailed Curriculum
Vitae, certified copies of relevant academic certificates, National Identity card/Passport, testimonials
and other relevant supporting documents.
Applicants should give details of their e-mail address, day time telephone contact and three referees.
Applicants MUST quote the Job reference number on the envelope.
The application letter to be addressed to undersigned and to reach on or before 6th September, 2017.
The Director General
Tourism Regulatory Authority
Utalii House, 5th Floor, Off Utalii Lane
P.O. Box 30027 -00100 Nairobi
Email: [email protected]
All positions are on permanent and pensionable terms.
Tourism Regulatory Authority is an equal opportunity employer and women, minorities,
marginalized and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted
candidates will be contacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.