Key Accounts Manager (Hotels, Restaurants/Café and Bars), Currecnt Hotel Jobs In Kenya,
About TopUp Mama
TopUp Mama is a venture-backed technology company currently operating in Kenya and Nigeria. Our mission is to increase restaurant contribution to Africa’s GDP. From forecasting capabilities to last-mile deliveries, we are building tools that enable small and medium restaurants to access affordable fresh and dry products. Restaurants need more than an efficient supply chain and we envision a world where the average African restaurant has access to digital and financial tools needed to grow and thrive.
About the role
The Key Accounts Manager’s main goal is to manage and oversee the profitability of the modern trade by acquiring, growing and developing long term relationships with the hotels, restaurants/cafes and bars.
You will be responsible for a specific customer segment. The segments that we are recruiting for are: Modern Trade hotels, restaurants/cafes (more upscale places), Bars, Caterers, Schools and Hospitals.
- Managing the sales of all company products to hotels, restaurants/cafes and bars acquisitions through the CRM system and growing the existing accounts towards profitability
- Preparing valuable analysis and feedback to provide focus on the growth of the business and identify the reasons for any de-growth in the business.
- Onboard at least 3 hotels, 5 restaurants and bars with AOF 1
- Monitoring competitor’s activities in the market and counter it by proposing necessary measures and attractive proposals to our clients so that our competitors may not take over our market share.
- Collaborating with other teams(marketing, supply chain, finance and product) to drive new pipeline and revenue opportunities
- Following up with customers for payment collections from the market as per the company’s agreed credit terms and coordinating with the Finance Department
- Operating as the primary point of contact for key account stakeholders
- Exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets
- Hitting a retention rate of not less than 80% across the modern trade restaurant base
- Increasing the AOV of each client by 300%
Who you are
In the past year, we have proven demand for our proposition. Now it’s your responsibility to ensure that we customise & improve our offering to the specific customer segment so that we can scale our sales rapidly.
- Ability to follow sales process for hotels moving from lead to customer in a timely manner
- Ability to identify product & pricing needs for your customer segment and create a plan based on that
- Excellent leadership skills – incl. monitoring of goals and quality standards to reach goals; incl. making tough decisions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and spoken). Solid demonstrated presentation skills.
- Ability to implement problem solving techniques in order to resolve customer issues and take corrective action
- Ability to work independently as well as thrive in a cooperative work environment
- Good data & analytical skills – e.g., interpreting dashboards and key metrics to understand how to improve operations, excel analyses to determine weighted gross margin across products
We believe that a great Key Accounts Manager can come from any industry and organizational background and there are no set number of years of experience required to fill this position excellently.
However, preference will be given to the following:
- Procurement in a mid- to large-scale company within the specific customer segment
- Someone looking to move from Sales in an FMCG company into supply chain
- Mid-level in category management at a FMCG company, or a start-up/scale-up
- Mid-level at a start-up/scale-up in an operations role with heavy customer-facing aspects
Why TopUp Mama
We are venture-backed and growing fast. We launched less than a year ago and we are already serving more than 3500 customers. You get an opportunity to jump onto the rocket ship near the ground floor. We believe that:
- Our team should grow as fast as the company. If you do well, you will have every opportunity to rocketship your career
- If we win, our team should win. Company shares are a key part of the compensation for all mid-senior hires
- Speed is a Virtue. We make decisions quickly and are not afraid of failing. We prioritize learning by doing
- Everyone is an owner of their work. We do not micromanage, only challenge. We let you own your domain and drive your work independently.
If that sounds exciting, great! Topup Mama may be the perfect place for you. But, Topup Mama is not for everyone.
- We are an early-stage start-up. It may be chaotic at times with shifting priorities
- This is not a 9-5 job. This a whatever it takes to get it done job
- This is not a place where we will tell you exactly what to do. You will be expected to manage your own work to achieve the outcomes
- We love being around our customers. If you enjoy sitting behind a desk all day, this may not the best place for you
How to Apply
Click the here.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.