Director Nursing Services Job, Latest Nursing Jobs In Kenya,
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing leadership and management oversight of the nursing services division and ensure delivery of efficient and patient centric nursing and patient care across all medical units the Hospital in line with the established protocols and the hospital’s strategic objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Formulate and ensure implementation of the nursing services strategy including service delivery and patient control systems in line with best practice.
- Demonstrate ownership of and communicate the nursing services’ strategic direction and objectives to all staff.
- Develop and ensure implementation of protocols of care in collaboration with other medical staff.
- Develop and ensure implementation of the division’s annual work plans in line with the hospital’s strategic plan.
- Participate as a member of senior management in formulating corporate strategies, policies, plans and budgets and in monitoring the Hospital’s performance to ensure that the corporate objectives and targets are achieved.
- Oversee day to day operations in the nursing division including allocation of duty roster, annual leave, medical benefits and enforce ethics and professional standards.
- Maintain a positive and collaborative working relationship with physicians, colleagues and other health care delivery system leaders to ensure strategic and operational goals are achieved, in line with the Mission and Values of the Hospital.
- Continuously monitor the quality of nursing services against performance indicators in order to enhance the provision of quality care to the patients.
- Provide leadership, mentor, coach, support and guidance to departmental staff to ensure achievement of set objectives
- Participate in senior management team meetings and advisory boards.
- Carry outward rounds on a regular basis to keep in touch with patients and staff in order to strengthen patient care;
- Identify procurement needs of the division and ensure proper maintenance and monitoring of inventory levels.
- Attend to administrative duties in the division: and
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
- Master’s degree in Nursing from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from a recognized institution.
- Must be registered with the Nursing Council of Kenya with a valid practicing license.
- Minimum of 12 years of nursing experience with 7 years at the senior management level.
- A strong visionary leader with exposure leading senior managers in environments with significant change.
- Ability to articulate and inculcate the organization’s mission, vision and values across all levels to the employees.
- Demonstrated ability to handle divisional budgets, resources, processes, projects and relationships.
- Thorough knowledge of the health care industry/sector and knowledge of regulatory requirements affecting the sector.
- Demonstrated experience in administration and nursing policy making is essential
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of international nursing standards
- Strategic leadership skills with ability to build strategic relationships.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Results oriented with ability to deliver desired outcome.
- Ability to identify and respond to risk areas within the division.
- Effective people leadership and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills including communication, persuasion, motivation, loyalty, and openness.
- Ability to translate and communicate biblical values / hospital ethics in personal life and professional life
- Must be an honest person full of integrity in their personal conduct and handling of job responsibilities
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number, your current, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees, to reach the undersigned not later than 17th November 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We shall ONLY accept ONLINE applications and contact SHORTLISTED candidates.
The Nairobi Hospital does NOT charge recruitment fees.