Full Time Faculty, Graduate School of Media and Communications Job, University Jobs In Kenya,
Graduate School of Media & Communications
The Aga Khan University (AKU) is a pioneering institution of higher education whose mission is to improve the quality of life in the developing world and beyond, through world-class teaching, research and healthcare delivery. AKU educates students for local and global leadership from campuses and teaching hospitals in six countries, primarily in Asia and Africa. It generates new knowledge to solve problems that affect millions of people, especially the most vulnerable. The University is a private, not-for-profit institution and part of the Aga Khan Development Network. http://www.aku.edu
The Graduate School of Media and Communications (GSMC) seeks to hire a faculty member who will help to nurture the next generation of journalists, media leaders and communications professionals for the East Africa Region.
The main purpose of this role is support and teach and share knowledge with students in the various academic programmes offered by GSMC: Executive Masters in Media Leadership and Innovation (EMMLI), Masters of Arts in Digital Journalism (MADJ) and a upcoming program in Strategic Communications.
As well as being a media scholar, the faculty will have a comprehensive knowledge of trends in the media and communication industry as well all-round competence in the practical application of different forms of digital media.
- Teach across the GSMC academic programs including EMMLI, MADJ and Strategic Communications and train in the professional development courses
- Collaborate with AKU colleagues to create online content to support the teaching of academic and professional development courses
- Conduct and evaluate students’ performance through examinations and other assessment parameters as per university guide
- Counsel and coach students on course-related matters, career path planning, advising on thesis establishment and development as well as guiding on projects
- Contribute to the development of new curriculum and/or the review of existing curricular
- Provide leadership and subject matter expertise in journalism, digital media, media leadership and communications
- Actively work towards research funding, by writing proposals, engaging in grant applications and hosting research conventions
- PHD in a relevant discipline – Journalism or Media and Communication from a recognised university
- She/he should have 3-5 years of teaching experience at university level. Experience in working with graduate students is essential
- She/he should have experience in blended teaching, both online and in person
- She/he will have strong research and/or practice portfolio
- She/he should demonstrate achievement in academic delivery, development of course content and outlines
- She/he should be able to work independently
- Ability to successfully lead and work as part of a team
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
How To Apply
Application letter together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, names of three referees, should be sent to the Manager, Talent Acquisition, Aga Khan University, via the email: [email protected]
Please quote the position title on the email subject. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be submitted latest by July 18, 2022.