Assistant Administrative & Finance Job at CZM Kenya
LOCATION: Nairobi with limited travel to rural areas of Kenya
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Temporary
The Unites States African Development Foundation (USADF) provides technical assistance and support to grantees who are recipients of funding from USADF and partners with Cezam and Associates Limited (CEZAM) to ensure its grantees have access to the support services they may need to successfully plan and achieve their project goals
The USADF in partnership with CEZAM are seeking to recruit a Kenyan national for the position of Finance and Administrative Assistant on temporary basis for a period of not more than ten months.
Assistant Administrative & Finance Job Responsibilities
The temporary Finance and Administrative Assistant’s responsibilities are summarized below:
- Conduct site visits to USADF grantees to assess their financial records and report thereon to the Program Coordinator.
- Assist grantees with the USADF administrative paperwork and processes to receive disbursements and submit required documents in a timely mannerto the USADF in Washington.
- Maintain the CEZAM-USADF expenditure journal under the supervision of the Program Coordinator and reconcile CEZAM-USADF bank account statements with the expenditure journals on monthly basis and follow up queries that may arise from such reconciliations.
- Process payments as will be determined and directed by the Program Coordinator.
- This will include processing and payment of payroll.
Provide day to day administrative support to the Program including the following:
- Maintain and update Program files and records as directed by the Program Coordinator.
- Organize external meetings, conferences, and office events as instructed by the Program Coordinator.
- Provide receptionist services and ensure the reception area and offices are clean.
- Photocopying, printing and scanning documents as directed by the Program Coordinator and other professional staff.
- Maintain an inventory of stationery, kitchen and other office supplies and notify the Program Coordinator or another delegated professional staff when stocks are running low
- Any other administrative duties that will be allocated by the Program Coordinator.
Qualifications for the Assistant Administrative & Finance Job
- University degree in finance, administration, sociology or related business discipline attained not less than three years ago; and with high computer literacy. A CPA (K) qualification will be an added advantage.
- Professional work experience in finance and administration in an NGO or funded projects environment
- Demonstrated skills and experience in conducting analysis of projects’ financial records and statements, and reporting thereon.
- Effective communication with grantees and donors.
How to Apply
Applicants are advised to submit applications attaching their CVs, including contact email and telephone contacts of three referees, not later than 10th November 2017 to [email protected].
Shortlisted candidates will be required to present their original certificates during interviews.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.