Administrative Assistant Job at Act Change Transform
Reporting to the Administrative Manager, the Administrative Assistant will primarily be responsible for day to day the implementation of an efficient administrative process within Act!’s laid down policies and pros.
Duties for the Administrative Assistant Job
- Take full responsibility over the day to day management of a fully documented assets management system to support Act!s management of assets based on best practice (Compare best practice verses Act!s system).
- Ensuring effective maintenance and repairs of assets and other administrative infrastructural systems, liaising with the appropriate staff to arrange quality repairs of reported malfunctions in a timely and expeditious manner.
- Assist in the implementation of security management system and protocols to support Act!s operations field offices
- Assist in market research and soliciting bids /quotes from vendors for items in adherence with ACT! policies.
- Assist in procuring goods and services, identifying potential vendors as outlined in the organizational policy operations manual.
- Provide day-to-day operations and logistics support to the program teams.
- Assist in monitoring, tracking and expediting program procurement activities and delivery status of goods/services.
- Assist with updating the asset inventory and keep track of equipment movement.
- Assist in preparation, reviewing and issuing of the, request for quotation/proposals, purchase orders (PO).
- Maintain the procurement filing system and up-to date procurement physical files.
- Taking full responsibility of all documents to be sent to finance for payment processing – Prepare, process and track payment in liaison with the Act! Finance Department.
- Assist with invoice verification against purchase orders and delivery notes and process payment against the invoice for vendors.
- Ensure vendor invoices and transaction support documents are presented in the prescribed manner in accordance with USAID requirements.
- Undertake any other reasonable duty as may be assigned that is consistent with the nature of the job and its level of responsibility.
Administrative Assistant Job Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, procurement, supply chain or related business field.
- A Professional certification in Logistics or Purchasing and Supplies management professional.
- At least 2 years’ experience in the Administration, Procurement and Logistics with sound understanding of NGO Operations especially in a USAID funding environment.
- Supplier negotiations skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Understanding of procurement and contract laws.
- Must be result-oriented.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work under strict deadlines: high caliber time management competency.
- Must be culturally sensitive.Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel, Access, Power-point and the use of Internet for research.
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements as contained in the description, please submit (1) a detailed and current CV; (2) an application cover letter demonstrating why you qualify for this opportunity, quoting your current/last gross salary.
All applications should be submitted electronically to [email protected] indicating the job position and reference number ACT-AA-21-2017. Only candidates shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.
Note: The advert for this position will remain open until filled but should not last more than 5 days from the date of posting.
Date of posting advert 18th July 2017
Act! is an equal opportunities employer
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.