Telecommunication Engineer Jobs, Engineering Jobs in Kenya, KTTC Jobs
REF – KTTC/TE/06/20
The Kenya Technical Trainers College seeks to appoint a suitable candidate to thenposition of a Telecommunication Engineering Technician III.
Purpose of the Job:
- This position is responsible in the provision of technical support to the lecturers in the department, contributing to students’ learning experience by assisting with the preparation of equipment and machinery for practical work to promote understanding of course work and innovation.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Job:
- Provide support to trainers and trainees in solving technical problems and practicals
- Maintain workshop inventories by receiving, issuing tools and materials in the workshop and ensure sufficient materials in the workshop
- Observe and ensure health and safety procedures are practiced and enforced and accidents reported to the section head
- Requisition for consumables to ensure they are replenished in a timely manner and organise in a way that they are easily traced
- Prepare maintenance schedule for all the workshop equipment for approval by section head and maintain requisite records on servicing schedule on various equipment and machinery to ensure the schedule is adhered to.
- Advise the section head on the budgeting requirement of the workshop to ensure that all the requirements of the workshop are budgeted for
- Segregate non-functional equipment and machinery to promote safety in the workshop.
- Provide procurement specifications for workshop equipment to be purchased to ensure purchase of the correct equipment/machinery
- Report breakdown of machinery and equipment to the head of the section to advise on replacement needs
- Promote general cleanliness of the workshop and equipment and provide a conducive environment for trainings and practicals
Qualifications Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum level of academic qualifications required to perform effectively in the role:
- Diploma in Telecommunication Engineering
- Higher Diploma in Telecommunication Engineering plus two (2) years experience in telecommunication laboratory
- Certificate in Telecommunication Engineering will have an added advantage.
- KCSE D+ and above
- Minimum level of knowledge that would be regularly applied to the job (Need to know):
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- Typical soft skills that would be regularly applied to the job (Attributes):
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Meet the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
Relevant Experience Required:
- At least three (3) years preferably in a learning institution.
How To Apply
Applications in one’s own handwriting with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional qualifications with relevant testimonials in plain sealed envelope marked with the job title and reference should reach the undersigned by 5th March 2020. Only
shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
NB: Emailed applications will not be acceptable.
THE CHIEF PRINCIPAL
KENYA TECHNICAL TRAINERS COLLEGE
P O BOX 44600 – 00100
Quick Read >>> How To Write Skills Section of Your CV
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.