Everyone deserves the opportunity to build a better future. This simple idea has been at the heart of TechnoServe’s work around the world for over 50 years. TechnoServe is a pioneer in leveraging the power of business and markets to create sustainable pathways out of poverty.
The low-income communities in which we work are full of enterprising people. Their small-scale farms and businesses are the keys to economic development. But they face many challenges: low literacy, lack of access to jobs and markets, unpredictable political dynamics and, increasingly, the effects of climate change. For many women and young people, the challenges are even more daunting. Working with TechnoServe staff, people around the world are lifting themselves out of poverty. The results are amazing…when incomes increase and living conditions for families get better, they are able to access health care and education previously out of reach. Communities and even whole countries are better off.
The Senior Coordinator will support the administration of the AFFORD program, helping with record keeping, procurement, logistics, event planning and calendar management. The position will be based in TechnoServe’s Nairobi office and report to the Deputy Program Director.
The Advancing Food Fortification Opportunities to Reinforce Diets (AFFORD) program is designed to provide operational support to field Missions and other Operating Units (OUs) of the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), contributing to the goals of the U.S. government Global Food Security Strategy (GFSS) through the implementation of programming aligned with USAID’s Large-Scale Food Fortification (LSFF) Results Framework. AFFORD seeks to safely and sustainably reduce micronutrient inadequacies and improve diets, particularly for women and children, through LSFF of staple foods and condiments.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Schedule meetings, prepare agendas, meeting materials and take meeting notes
- Support logistics, transport, hotel reservations, venue hiring, catering and more
- Support compliant procurement of project assets, including office equipment
- Support staff mobilization and orientation, including onboarding of staff, contractors, consultants, interns and fellows
- Maintain project records and filing of project material
- Support record keeping during events, monitoring progress, and tracking expenses
- Facilitate knowledge sharing across the program and with the Food Processing Practice
- Produce periodic reports for internal and external use
- Other duties as assigned
- A bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of professional experience; or 4 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated organizational and administrative skills, and strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to interact effectively with multiple stakeholders
- Proficiency in Google Suite
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Evidence of strong task management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Commitment to confidentiality and handling prospect information with discretion
- Outstanding organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Capacity to work well independently and as a member of a team
- Desire to work in a dynamic, cross-cultural environment
- Commitment to and enthusiasm for TechnoServe’s mission
How to Apply
We encourage all qualified individuals who share TechnoServe’s vision of improving the lives of others through proven business solutions to apply.
With our commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes.
We are also proud of our commitment to protecting staff, partners, and beneficiaries from abuse and exploitation and thoroughly vet all final candidates through rigorous background and reference checks.
If you have a disability that affects your ability to use our online system to apply for a position at TechnoServe please contact the Human Resources at [email protected] or call +1 202 785 4515