Director, Infrastructure Development, Technology & Innovation Jobs, Mechanical Engineering Jobs, Computer Engineering Jobs, Civil Engineering Jobs, MSEA Jobs
REF. NO: MSEA- 3/5/2019
MSEA Grade 2
Reporting to the CEO the Director, Infrastructure Development, Technology and Innovation will be responsible for advising the Authority in developing worksite management policies, suitable infrastructure, including worksites, social amenities, business information Centers, model Centers of Excellence, common usage facilities and other facilities necessary for development of Micro and Small Enterprises.
- Coordinating the maintenance and management of infrastructure within MSE worksites;
- Developing mechanisms and strategies to facilitate acquisitions of infrastructure;
- Preparing of management strategies for MSE established worksites;
- Coordinating the Construction and equipping of Micro and Small Enterprise Centers of Excellence for technology development, acquisition and transfer by Micro and Small Enterprises;
- Coordinating the Construction and equipping of technology parks for incubation clusters and graduation of Micro and Small Enterprises; Entrepreneurship Transforming Kenya
- Facilitating technology development, acquisition and transfer by Micro and Small Enterprises;
- Liaising with the relevant stakeholders for earmarking and zoning out of suitable land for use by MSE sector;
- Facilitating dissemination of research findings on product development and patenting in the micro and Small Enterprise Sector;
- Collaborating with relevant research institutions to develop appropriate technologies for development of the micro and small enterprise sector;
- Facilitating the registration and protection of intellectual property rights for micro and small enterprises;
- Operationalizing regional Centers of Excellence to enhance utilization of locally available knowledge, skills and resources; and
- Identifying, developing, modifying, packaging and disseminating technology and products to the micro and small enterprises;
For appointment to this position an officer must have;-
- Minimum experience of twelve (12) years, five (5) of which must have been in a senior management position in the professional field of Architecture or Engineering or in a comparable position;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Computer Engineering or any Engineering field from a recognized institution;
- Master’s Degree in Architecture or Computer Engineering or any Engineering(Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Chemical, Industrial, Electronics, Aeronautical, Agriculture) field from a recognized institution;
- Registered with a relevant professional body;
- Proficiency in computer application;
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of the mission, vision, and strategies of MSEA and the ability to clearly interpret and apply the role of Micro and Small Enterprise in Kenya’s social economic development and particularly in line with vision 2030 and Big 4 Agenda.
How to Apply
Application letters should be include detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, 3 referees with their e-mail addresses and telephone contacts; quoting the Reference Number for the job being applied on both the envelope and the application letter.
All applications should either be sent through the post office or hand delivered or emailed to the Chief Executive Officer not later than 10th June, 2019.
The Chief Executive Officer
Micro and Small Enterprise Authority (MSEA)
Utalii House 10th Floor, Left wing
P.O. Box 48823 – 00100
Email: [email protected]
MSEA is an equal opportunity employer .Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form or failure to attach any of the stipulated documents shall lead to automatic disqualification
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.